Dan Wesson revolvers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any Dan Wesson lovers or haters here? If so, give me your thoughts.
Last weekend I was making making the pawn shop rounds and came across a Dan Wesson .357 in decent condition and what appeared to be a good price. I left it there and did some web research later in the day. The webs say everything from "if you buy one you'll own it forever because nobody wants them" to "they're the best thing since pockets on shirts"
Monday, I went back to pick it up and noticed they had three of them.....so I had to make two of them mine. I left with a four incher with fixed sights and a six incher with adjustable sights. I'd like to hear thoughts from anyone with any experience with them.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd rock a pistol pack if I could find one for a good price.

I'd want to see it in person though as sometimes the frames tend to turn "purple" and now you got a bad mismatch.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a .22 model with only one barrel. It has a very nice trigger. I'd love to find a .357 with a four inch barrel (or the whole pack) in good shape for not a ton of money (I know, I know reality sucks). I think very highly of them based on my limited experience.

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a .22 model with only one barrel. It has a very nice trigger. I'd love to find a .357 with a four inch barrel (or the whole pack) in good shape for not a ton of money (I know, I know reality sucks). I think very highly of them based on my limited experience.
PM'd you a lead on a 357

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one I bought new in the mid 70s. I wanted a pistol PAC but didn't have the $300 it cost at the time. I have purchased most of the parts to make a pistol PAC over the years though I doubt ill ever find the belt buckle or the carry case. I think they are great revolvers and well worth the money.

Simon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of the earliest ones had crooked barrel holes and the barrels screwed in crooked. I don,t know if all of them were returned to the factory or not. The ones the factory received were repaired by reboring the frame and had a bushing installed. The barrels were then able to be screwed in straight. As far as I know none were replaced, just repaired. I don,t know how many there were,but you can see where the bushing was installed. I have only seen one of the repaired revolvers and that was in eastern Montana in the early 1980s.

Latest posts

Top Bottom