Dan Wesson Valor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boldkharma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Long time Colt 1911 fan. Finally picked up a DW Valor .45. This duty treat finish is awesome!! Any other fans?

YCjJbMI.jpg

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Valor is my favorite, non-custom built 1911. I recently purchased a Valor Limited myself (#31 of 50 built). I have a few different sets of grips on hand, but I'm really liking the wide width magwell buffalo bone grips shown in the photo below. You can't tell by the photo, but they have a decent amount of color and grain throughout. They are surprisingly grippy as well. The thin VZ's that come on the pistol are just way too skinny for my hands.

Duty finish is awesome as long as you use the recommended cleaning solvents and lubricants. I'm using FP10 and love it.

1AJE2Kxh.jpg

Last edited:

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice. One day, a Guardian shall be mine....oh yes it will.

Of course, SOMEBODY thinks I have too many round butt 1911s as it is. I just tell her the Guardian is a bob-tail and therefore DIFFERENT!

Hasn't worked yet.

Boldkharma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Valor is my favorite, non-custom built 1911. I recently purchased a Valor Limited myself (#31 of 50 built). I have a few different sets of grips on hand, but I'm really liking the wide width magwell buffalo bone grips shown in the photo below. You can't tell by the photo, but they have a decent amount of color and grain throughout. They are surprisingly grippy as well. The thin VZ's that come on the pistol are just way too skinny for my hands.

Duty finish is awesome as long as you use the recommended cleaning solvents and lubricants. I'm using FP10 and love it.

1AJE2Kxh.jpg
That is sweet!