Dang wasps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many times have you returned to your feeder after the summer to find a wasp nest full of red wasps in the funnel. Now what can I do to keep them out? This has been a problem for several years. I finally solved the problem. A baseball with an eye screw screwed in it and a sufficient length of string tied to the screw to reach an outside leg. Once the feeder runs out drop the ball in and walk away until Fall. Ever see a red wasp bench press a baseball??? Me neither. Lol

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tis the season...I`m already on nest patrol.

11024650_10203817841106839_1007844167313322400_n.jpg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got buzzed yesterday by something..I think it tried to land on my head.
On that wasp picture i have seen wasps go from flower to flower in my garden with pollen stuck on their legs while looking for bugs to take to the nest.
Maybe not the polinator that the bee is but it was still doing a job.
The ones that do not belong in a spot must go though.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am adding a beehive this year to my food plots as I am adding wildflowers and other pollinator plants to attract bees and beneficial insects. My overall plan is to no till drill my seeds in so as to not tear up my soil structure and follow a path of regenerative agriculture. I bet Garrett you know exactly what I am doing by adding cover crops year round. Last week I spent a day at the Oklahoma Association of Conservation Districts Annual Conference. This, IMO, is the way of the future to regenerate our soil, conserve water, increase carbon replacement in the soil, reduce erosion due to water and wind. Wildlife benefits all the way around too.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How many times have you returned to your feeder after the summer to find a wasp nest full of red wasps in the funnel. Now what can I do to keep them out? This has been a problem for several years. I finally solved the problem. A baseball with an eye screw screwed in it and a sufficient length of string tied to the screw to reach an outside leg. Once the feeder runs out drop the ball in and walk away until Fall. Ever see a red wasp bench press a baseball??? Me neither. Lol
Mothballs keep 'em away. Not sure how much the deer would appreciate it, but ya might hang some in a cloth bag above deer level.

Just a thought. :drunk2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom