Dangerous wildlife in the Skiatook/Tulsa area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live near Lake Lawtonka and we had a heck of a time with them this year. Trapped about 8 that were wreaking havoc with all our yards.
On several occasions around bristow I have seen a dozen or better on a mile walk through a field. One of these days I’ll remember to take the 17HMR out and clean house.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
F
On several occasions around bristow I have seen a dozen or better on a mile walk through a field. One of these days I’ll remember to take the 17HMR out and clean house.
There’s a bumper crop of armadillos at my place in TX and OK, and a 17hmr is very hard on them.
40E70C1F-C0BE-440E-A2D4-AC871655E0B9.jpeg

osu007

AKA: Fat Jack, Believer in God
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of cougar in the skiatook area, mostly in and around the Wally World the first of the month. Most folks carry a pocketful of those Trojan hollowtips for protection.
I don’t know what Walmart you go to, but the one I know of, I only see dogs…….

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I can tell someone who's never crossed paths with a jackalope! Those little bast@rds will flush at the last minute and have been known to rip a calf muscle clean in two on a full grown man. Pray you never get the *ahem* pleasure of coming across one in the wild. Don't even get me started on the western wild snipe! *shudders*
Stay frosty my friend.
Or a white bunny. I saw what happened on Search for the holy grail…

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They have been slowly invading from the south, much like the fire ants. They're native to Central or South America if I remember right. I don't know if they're the only, but I do know that they definitely have a higher propensity to carry leprosy, due to their low body temperature.
I've probably killed over 200 in our yard in NC Ok in the 30+ years we have lived here.
They can make a manicured lawn into a moon scape overnight.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live near Lake Lawtonka and we had a heck of a time with them this year. Trapped about 8 that were wreaking havoc with all our yards.
Yeah, umhh, that’s my fault. I drop off the ones that I trap in the new housing additions around here. Since you’re a good guy, I’ll start taking them to another neighborhood.

Latest posts

Top Bottom