Danny Tanner's 4 Safety Tips for Cooking with Glassware this Holiday Season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your trigger fingers and shootin' eyes are worthless when they have chunks of glass sticking out of them. Being Oklahomans, we're known to eat a green bean casserole or two, so I'm sure 90% of us will be baking something this year using a Pyrex dish.

Pyrex and many other manufacturers have switched their glass formulas in recent years, and this has been linked to an upswing in breaking glassware. SO keep Danny's tips in mind this holiday season, and year round.

Yep, they went from borosilicate glass to soda-lime glass. Borosilicate holds up to temps better than soda-lime, but soda-lime, in general, is less likely to crack or chip from drops, banging against counter tops, etc. Since most broken glassware is a result of dropping it, etc, they went with soda-lime. Most American glassware now is soda-lime, while most European glassware is still borosilicate.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmmm, soda-lime or borosilicate....how riveting and enthralling!!!

The next time I'm at a waterside supper with riparian entertainment I'll mention this to the host and hostess!!!

***You know I jest.........JOKE.......it's called a joke. Happy Thanksgiving Danny!!!!

Cohiba

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmmm, soda-lime or borosilicate....how riveting and enthralling!!!

The next time I'm at a waterside supper with riparian entertainment I'll mention this to the host and hostess!!!

***You know I jest.........JOKE.......it's called a joke. Happy Thanksgiving Danny!!!!

Cohiba

When flocks of women are throwing themselves at you for your superior knowledge of bakeware materials, consider it my thanks for the cigar and Dickel.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally, I'd prefer borosilicate, I can take care of not dropping it all by myself. Let the glassware take care of properly handling heat. Oh well, what can I do.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WTB: borosilicate

I'm going to hoard this stuff before it becomes a priceless commodity. I'll get filthy rich with all of my glassware futures.

Danny Tanner, you get 5% royalties on all the profits for being the catalyst of my soon to be billionaire status.

Latest posts

Top Bottom