Dark Angel Medical - DART course - 4-5Dec21 Mcloud, OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meadhall Range

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://darkangelmedical.com/direct...jbwi1UR6wLD5nA61IC11f3ENcYaUDSSHRf1J2owG20cCg
Cost: $420 + 30/day facility fee

The time to learn to use your personal trauma kit is not when you or someone else is bleeding out!!! When life expectancy is measured in seconds and help is minutes away, will you know what to do? In our uncertain lives, that is a question that we all need to be able to answer a resounding, “Yes!” to. Dark Angel Medical, LLC, is proud to offer training and instruction in the use of the D.A.R.K. The Direct Action Response Training** fills a niche between military self-aid/buddy care training and civilian EMS training and is geared towards those with little to no medical training or background. It provides the student with critical, need-to-know information, which can be utilized in a myriad of situations and stresses the ‘you don’t know what you don’t know’ principle as well as our own principle of “Simplicity Under Stress”. The course is 2 days in length with a total of 16 hours of classroom work to include slide presentations, videos, question and answer sessions and hands-on practical skills application. A manual and all training aids will be provided.
***There are no prerequisites for this class***
CLASS CANCELLATION POLICY
Included
The course covers the following:
Physiological and Psychological reactions to environmental stress
The importance of having the proper Combat Mindset
Basic Anatomy and Physiology of life-sustaining systems
H, A, B, C’s—Hemorrhage, Airway, Breathing and Circulation
Breakdown and usage of Individual Med Kit components
Proper stowage and employment of the IMK
Hands-on application of the IMK
Basic and Advanced Airway management -treating and monitoring tension pneumothorax, sucking chest wound and flail chest
Airway adjunct device placement-Nasopharyngeal Airway
Basic First Aid and Advanced wound care
Application of Bandages and Hemostatic Agents
Application of tourniquets
Recognition and Treatment of various injuries (Gunshot, Laceration, Burn, Airway, Head, Orthopedic, Environmental)
Recognition and treatment of hypovolemic (hemorrhagic) shock
Moving and positioning victims with various injuries
Response to active shooter situation
Proper use of cover and cover vs. concealment
Casualty recovery in an Active Shooter situation
Mass casualty triage procedure
Emergency Medical Dialect/Lingo (911 protocol, cooperation with LE, Fire and EMS and First Responders)
Hardware/Kit
Note pad and pen/pencil/Sharpie
Individual First Aid Kit—If you choose to. All training materials are provided.
An open mind
**Note: Direct Action Response Training will count for certification in B-CON through the American College of Surgeons. It also provides 16 hours of CEU’s, per CECBEMS, to NREMT EMT-Basics/Advanced and Paramedics

Meadhall Range

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son and I are signed up and really looking forward to it!
Wawazat I am Extremely pleased to see you not only taking med training but getting your son in on it as well! :) So many people don't realize that while firearms classes are fun, we are Much more likely to need medical on any given day. AND no ammo costs! :)

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tomorrow is the day! Is anyone else from here going?

I think this is going to be an awesome class from everything I have found online. It is also a bit nostalgic because I remember sitting with my dad studying is EMT books while applying to OKCFD when I was young. I have always enjoyed this kind of stuff and am far overdue to a refresher on the basics and a bit deeper dive on wound treatment.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If any of you were even slightly interested in taking a trauma focused medical class, I would definitely jump on this one when they come back next year. There was a lot of info provided, but their program keeps it very easy to absorb and apply. The first half of the first day presents 2 mnemonics for the initial thoughts to assess and prioritize an incident if you come upon one with random call outs throughout the rest of the class to recall them until they are truly second nature. The rest of the class is teaching you the details of addressing a traumatic wound while waiting on emergency services to increase that persons chances of survival. All of the details are constantly circled back to how they fit into the two initial mnemonics so you learn the process flow for walking up on the scene rather than trying to memorize a bunch of "if/then" scenarios.

The second day was spent wrapping up the small amount of classroom style material and quickly shifted to hands on scenario training to add in the hands on reinforcement of the process flow learned the day before. The presentation was awesome and it wasnt geared toward their own products. The focus was always on the components of the kit and how to know when to use each of them and how to use them properly and effectively. Improvisation of some of the components was also covered, which was really awesome.

It was a very worthwhile way to spend our weekend and even my 14yo son that had to get up at 6:30am on his weekend agreed he was glad he went with me. Meadhall provides an awesome facility as well and I will definitely try to take as many classes as I can there.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If any of you were even slightly interested in taking a trauma focused medical class, I would definitely jump on this one when they come back next year. There was a lot of info provided, but their program keeps it very easy to absorb and apply. The first half of the first day presents 2 mnemonics for the initial thoughts to assess and prioritize an incident if you come upon one with random call outs throughout the rest of the class to recall them until they are truly second nature. The rest of the class is teaching you the details of addressing a traumatic wound while waiting on emergency services to increase that persons chances of survival. All of the details are constantly circled back to how they fit into the two initial mnemonics so you learn the process flow for walking up on the scene rather than trying to memorize a bunch of "if/then" scenarios.

The second day was spent wrapping up the small amount of classroom style material and quickly shifted to hands on scenario training to add in the hands on reinforcement of the process flow learned the day before. The presentation was awesome and it wasnt geared toward their own products. The focus was always on the components of the kit and how to know when to use each of them and how to use them properly and effectively. Improvisation of some of the components was also covered, which was really awesome.

It was a very worthwhile way to spend our weekend and even my 14yo son that had to get up at 6:30am on his weekend agreed he was glad he went with me. Meadhall provides an awesome facility as well and I will definitely try to take as many classes as I can there.
I was there, great class indeed! I highly recommend it as well as Mead Hall range!

Latest posts

Top Bottom