Dave Ramsey Sued for $150 million

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DR reminds me of a prosperity preacher like Joel Osteen or TD Jakes. Wonder if they'll find $600K in the wall behind his toilet? What a miracle!!! lol huckster

I don't think he is a huckster rather he is teaching people a method which works for those who don't understand how to budget and have the I can't be out of money because I still have checks in my check book mentality.

As I have said before I have went from doing OK financially , to totally bankrupt and had my credit thrashed and had to work my butt off and rebuild my credit to doing OK financially again. My advice other threads about this kinda topic which have surfaced before. DON'T spend more than you make and and don't buy things you can't afford to pay for (yes its that simple ).

People can say it isn't that simple , but it really is . I dug my way out of bankruptcy doing exactly that and did without for a few years till I could restore my credit . Its all about self control and being able to add / subtract , some people can do those things and others can't . Dave has helped a bunch of folks who can't do those things IMHO

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s not about me it’s about Dave Ramsey and the glee that some of you have with him being sued.

Could you point out where I posted said "glee."

Obviously, his advertisement on his podcast is paid for by the advertisers just like it is on any other show.

Correct, we covered that for sure. However, I think the lawsuit also dives into the situation where he was being paid by a company that turned out to be a scam and still defended it past the point to where his viewers were being taken advantage of.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I lost a lot of respect for him when he started advertising for Little Caesar’s. So much for beans and rice, and rice and beans.
Well that’s a well thought out reason. 😂 actually a lot of people who need to eat cheaply grab a little Caesar’s pizza and the beans and rice is not literally beans and rice but most people know that. With a top 10 podcast I’m sure he gets very nice advertising rates from lots of companies.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Could you point out where I posted said "glee."

Correct, we covered that for sure. However, I think the lawsuit also dives into the situation where he was being paid by a company that turned out to be a scam and still defended it past the point to where his viewers were being taken advantage of.
You know man, it doesn’t matter what I say or point out. Every time the man’s name is mentioned on this forum you feel the need to chime in as do a couple of others. It’s obvious you don’t care for the man or his methods. As for me, he has helped me as well as thousands of others and I’m willing to help those who ask.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mr. pstmstr, I admire your loyalty to Dave, obviously he has helped you and now you are helping others. You seem to be taking some of the comments about Dave personally, relax, Dave isn't for everybody, he is pretty simplistic. But the more simplistic he is, the more people he reaches. For me, and I'm not a listener or follower, Dave teaches logic, his own mental process of how to handle a financial problem, kind of like "teach a man to fish." I can tell you want to help others, I respect you for that. Don't be surprised if JEVapa calls and says, "can we talk."

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know man, it doesn’t matter what I say or point out. Every time the man’s name is mentioned on this forum you feel the need to chime in as do a couple of others. It’s obvious you don’t care for the man or his methods. As for me, he has helped me as well as thousands of others and I’m willing to help those who ask.

Well it's an open forum and people have opinions, but again, I didn't start the thread and merely commented on people needing to watch the video and explaining why he's being sued. Do you need a DR safe space as you don't seem to be able to emotionally handle this?

But you go on with your gaslighting self.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mr. pstmstr, I admire your loyalty to Dave, obviously he has helped you and now you are helping others. You seem to be taking some of the comments about Dave personally, relax, Dave isn't for everybody, he is pretty simplistic. But the more simplistic he is, the more people he reaches. For me, and I'm not a listener or follower, Dave teaches logic, his own mental process of how to handle a financial problem, kind of like "teach a man to fish." I can tell you want to help others, I respect you for that. Don't be surprised if JEVapa calls and says, "can we talk."

Im in the same boat and never needed his advice or services, you’re right that he is preaching the KISS principle of personal finance and that is what works for most of his followers

Last edited:

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
It’s not personal but it is a very serious subject for me. I really don’t understand why so many hate Dave Ramsey. He’s the first to admit his advice isn’t rocket science. I doubt I hear from some but will be glad to talk to anyone that might need some help.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s not personal but it is a very serious subject for me. I really don’t understand why so many hate Dave Ramsey. He’s the first to admit his advice isn’t rocket science. I doubt I hear from some but will be glad to talk to anyone that might need some help.
Look at it this way, just try to have fun with it, you'll live longer and be able to help more people.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
no, the feds passed a rule that covid vaccine manufacturers are exempt from liability.
I know that. I wasn't saying to go after the pharma companies. There were plenty of other celebs, politicians and other pushing and marketing the covid vaccines and many getting paid to do so. I see very little difference from what DR did.

And if it was in fact a "rule" then maybe the next conservative president can undo that rule and open up the possibility for billions in lawsuits for the junk big pharma put out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom