Daytona 500

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had to go read up on this heat format business. So what happened to just showing up, qualifying, lining up in order and running the dang race? Geesh. Why don't they give everyone a trophy already and not let any drivers miss out on winning? I mean that's just not fair only having one winner. What a crock...
They've been doing that "heats" business since the mid-'90s, if not earlier. As I recall, they started that along with the points system to keep anyone from being able to clinch the championship until the very end of the season.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The "heats" started 3 years ago.
The "championship" format started years ago.

The heats is more of a participation trophy

Since the Bubba Wallace BS, I have only watched Daytona. Yesterday may well have been lost. Didn't know half the drivers involved.

NASCAR has gotten word than NCAA.
NCAA is upset when Abalamy, or it least SEC, doesnt win the championship.
NASCAR hates when Hendrick, or it least Chevrolet doesnt win.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The whole race for the chase or whatever they call it BS. It started out as the top 10 drivers were competing for the championship. I think they made it the top 12 later. Anyway, so the guy in 13th could win every race the rest of the season and the best he could do is 13th. I could wrong on this but that’s my perception of it?

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The whole race for the chase or whatever they call it BS. It started out as the top 10 drivers were competing for the championship. I think they made it the top 12 later. Anyway, so the guy in 13th could win every race the rest of the season and the best he could do is 13th. I could wrong on this but that’s my perception of it?
^^^^^^^

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was watching the 5oo here in Tulsa and at 5:30 PM, a syndicated show started playing on KOKI-TV. I'm guessing it was preprogrammed into the computer and nobody remembered to override it due to live programming always running overtime. They switched back to the race before the next restart but it doesn't bode well for the season.
Shades of Heidi. 1968

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom