Decent canned chili sauce?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are looking for low carb you will not find it in a can. I have been on Keto for 10 months and have discovered all the low carb items. Braums makes a block of chili with around 1 carb per serving. Swab makes the same thing. U can get that at Crest. Both taste pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditto on the Braums chili. It's not homemade, but it ain't bad.
As for stuff in a can. My favorite is Wolf brand chili. I don't know if they make a sauce.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
RickN....your breakfast sounds like it would make my 71+ year old tummy go south....I like a good ol' biscuit and bacon sandwich....yum...yum...yum Might not be too good for your diet though....

I do vary it up at times. Sausage or bacon & eggs, omelets, oatmeal. Sometimes I will make low carb biscuits for a breakfast sandwich or biscuits and sausage gravy. I like the casseroles because once made, I can eat for a week with just heating up a chunk.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got a weird one for you guys. Does anyone know of a decent or semi decent canned chili sauce similar to what restaurants put on their cheese or beef enchiladas?

Reason I ask is that I make a low carb breakfast casserole at times so that I do not have to cook every morning when my sugar is low. One will usually feed me breakfast for a week. Problem is after doing this for several years it is getting pretty freaking boring. I have tried green chilis, jalapenos, onion, mushroom, tomatoes, sausage, bacon, ham, you name it and I have used it.

Latest idea is sausage, egg, onion, peppers, top with chili sauce and cheese, but I do not know how to make a good chili sauce. (Thin chili) Thinking a canned sauce would work as one can spread over an 8 x 11" pan sounds about right.

Any ideas or suggestions? I mean about the sauce, I am afraid of what other ideas you old perverts have. :P

If you like green, go by Rocky Mountain Grill and pick up a jar of his Green Chili sauce. Some of the best ever I have ever had.

IMG_7949.jpg

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Likely too young to remember at the ballparks growing up getting a Frito chili pie(small bag of Fritos cut open length wise, spoon of brick chili, grated cheddar and mustard). Mmmmmm! Yeah, I can't do canned chili like Wolf Brand or similar - too easy to make yourself.

May have to try that best enchilada sauce but generally we use dried guajillo and/or pasilla chiles for our enchiladas and such.
Loved that stuff

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
La Costena green salsa, used to be Salsa Verde before they put it in English. Not a chili. That other guy posted some loose water down stuff that you made sound like barf. The stuff I’m talking about is great. Walmart used to carry it but they stopped. I get it out of Crest foods now. I think it is the best tasting green salsa.

As for meat chili I’m no help there. I still use good old Wolf brand. Have a few in the cabinet. Back in my navy days I liked this dish from a greasy spoon on base back in Yaokuska Japan. Was simple and good. Styrofoam hotdog box, filled with rice covered with chili, cheese and onions. I’d never had chili on rice before and instantly loved it. So I use the wolf chili to make this and everybody I serve it to on the occasional Bluemoon that I make it loves it too.

Not low carb but if you make it you may like it.

You said you have been doing low carb. I was doing low-carb/keto two years ago and managed to drop 70 pounds. Then I fell off the wagon and put it all back on. Anyways there was a type of bread biscuit that I learned how to make and it’s called mug bread or something like that. You make it in the microwave. Takes like a minute or two. Only takes a few ingredients like butter, a few TBS of ground almond flour or coconut flour, an egg, a pinch of salt and some baking powder. It actually isn’t too bad with breakfast.

Latest posts

Top Bottom