Decided to get another lever action

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Henry Golden boy 357 mag 38sp but it's a safe queen and I selling it with some others. I will add a replacement with a Henry X 357mag/38spl.

I think they were a bit overpriced but found a couple that were about what I thought they were worth. Pretty cool with a threaded barrel. It will be my last purchase and I intended on having a 357 lever action, just not one so pretty like the one I have.
I'll post a picture when I get it. Right now it's back ordered where the price was good. I can get one elsewhere but about 200 more.
I'll post this in WTB but looking for a cheap John boat.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think that Henry X may be the coolest thing going in lever guns right now. Is it for purists? Heck no. But I’d hope it does snag a whole new generation into levers with its features and design. I want one! Can’t decide though, I really want a .44, but I already have .357 mag guns and reloading stuff. So, maybe I’ll just get a .45-70. :hey3:

YetiSam

spaghetti pistols
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a X in 45lc. It's a dream to shoot with the 458 big bore can on it. That can is pretty enormous tho, so I've gotten a piston to put my AAC tirant on it. You just reminded me I need to go re-zero with that can on it.

Ravengraving

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m looking at the same idea... lever suppressed goodness. Can’t decide between the 45lc the 44 mag and the 45-70. Already have a a revolver in 45 colt but I feel like the 44 mag may be more versatile in factory loading. The 45 and 44 both are higher capacity but the 45-70 is..well, 45-70. don’t NEED any of them but many I like the idea of that lever x. Any thoughts/ suggestions?

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m looking at the same idea... lever suppressed goodness. Can’t decide between the 45lc the 44 mag and the 45-70. Already have a a revolver in 45 colt but I feel like the 44 mag may be more versatile in factory loading. The 45 and 44 both are higher capacity but the 45-70 is..well, 45-70. don’t NEED any of them but many I like the idea of that lever x. Any thoughts/ suggestions?
I suggest you never loan me the one you get. The 45-70 is a great round but I like to buy rifles where I can match them with a pistol if possible so I can take two guns and one ammo. I've wanted the 45-70 but I've concluded that my decision to keep with the rifle/hand gun match. I don't have a hand gun for my 30-30 Marlin SS but that's ok. It shoots great and smooth as glass

Latest posts

Top Bottom