Decided to get another lever action

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like paring them together as well which gave the 45lc the early nod but, the versatility of the 44 spec/ mag and the awesomeness of the 45-70 are vexing me. Lol.
I was doing just fine without thinking about a 45-70 lever action but not now. THANKS. That is a great bullet and coming out of a beautiful lever action. RATS!!!!

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been trying to find a model HO12GRCC Henry carbine in 44 mag. side loader for the right price.
Have the Henry Golden Boy 45-70
20201012_171125.jpg

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, had to add the KickKiller recoil pad after having shoulder surgery. Waited a year after surgery before dropping the hammer on it again. I know make light loads but what fun is that when you have a 45-70.
I had to make myself a promise no to get the 45-70 big boy golden boy. It's a beautiful work of art and shoots lights out.. I keep telling myself not to buy any more lever guns, since I'll be selling some of my guns soon. But I have my eye on one that I really want.
People like us are pathetic. Like gamblers with no chips. Ha.
I'm proud for you buddy. Be careful with the shoulder. Find a therapist (body not mind...Ha) that shoots and see what he says to do. Probably find out a bit on line. Google has some surprising good advice now and then.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went with 45 Colt, if it's good enough for Mat Dillion how can one go wrong. Bought a Winchester 1892 to go with my 3 single action pistols. Load 250gr and 200gr cast coated bullets from mouse to max with different powders but mostly mid loads with Trail Boss. Loaded up 50 shot loads using Speer shot capsules, work great on wood bees and sparrows. Maybe not really fair game on wood bees but still fun.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m looking at the same idea... lever suppressed goodness. Can’t decide between the 45lc the 44 mag and the 45-70. Already have a a revolver in 45 colt but I feel like the 44 mag may be more versatile in factory loading. The 45 and 44 both are higher capacity but the 45-70 is..well, 45-70. don’t NEED any of them but many I like the idea of that lever x. Any thoughts/ suggestions?

What do you mean by "more versatile in factory loading?"

The .44Mag will be FULL MAG in almost every factory loading.
.45C will be loaded in Cowboy loads, very mild; typical target loads, self defense loads and near magnum, hunting loads.

Reloading allows much variation and tayloring loads to your needs, with .45 matching and exceeding the .44Mag loadings.

In a Henry, a full bore mag loading in .45C is a thumper.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In your effort to "pair", don't despair

I, too, have such an addiction /sickness

Blackhawks; .45C, .45ACP, 44Mag, .41Mag, .357Mag, .30Carbine, .22MRF and .22LR
Lever actions; .45C, .44Mag, .22MRF, .22LR, .30-30. Only the .45 is a Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom