Decided to go back to church today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xjer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have not been back since March. We watch it online. I am not a people person and my wife does
not like to get up early so it works well for us. We do have some tech issues with it sometimes and that
is distracting.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am not a believer in organized religion but I do believe in God. Not sure what that is called. The wife does go to church and I have gone with her a few times for special events or services. At any rate, I have no problem with people who attend church and I am happy to see more returning.
I am closer to agnostic than anything else, which just means you don’t really know what your beliefs are. I don’t really “not believe in God”, but I don’t really “believe in God” either. I really don’t know what I believe. By the same token, I believe in a higher power, but whether it’s spiritual or scientific is the thoughts that I struggle with.

I was raised in the church, but happenings here and there through my life, have affected my beliefs.

bpsooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Except for about a three week span we have opened our church doors and had worship services. We have our faith in Jesus Christ and not man. Our Lord wants us to meet as a church but the gov't want churches shut down. People who trust in God put him before man. We do not fear it because fear is not from God. Fear is from the evil one. God's will be done.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am closer to agnostic than anything else, which just means you don’t really know what your beliefs are. I don’t really “not believe in God”, but I don’t really “believe in God” either. I really don’t know what I believe. By the same token, I believe in a higher power, but whether it’s spiritual or scientific is the thoughts that I struggle with.

I was raised in the church, but happenings here and there through my life, have affected my beliefs.

Something of a study of Christian apologetics would give one the reasoning to believe that science can't explain the origins of the universe and humanity. We are told to "follow the science," yet science actually begins to strengthen the presence and actions of God. For instance, both scientists and even atheists agree that the universe had a beginning from nothing. Yet science can't explain that "miracle" and thus leads one to more of a belief in God.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I worked with an engineer that had the best answer to the question of God vs science. When you start examining a process, system, etc., you ask questions like, why does a light bulb light? Obviously electricity flows to the bulb. Keep asking questions as you trace the process and you will always reach the point where the answer is, “that’s just the way it works”.

That’s the way God designed “it” to work.

Doesn’t matter if you are talking about electricity, airplanes, tomato plants, or the birth of babies, you will always reach the point where there is no answer other than, “that’s just the way it works”

That understanding has served me very well for well over 50 years.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Something of a study of Christian apologetics would give one the reasoning to believe that science can't explain the origins of the universe and humanity. We are told to "follow the science," yet science actually begins to strengthen the presence and actions of God. For instance, both scientists and even atheists agree that the universe had a beginning from nothing. Yet science can't explain that "miracle" and thus leads one to more of a belief in God.
I hate getting dragged in to debates on religion, ever get the way debates get started? A simple question of “When did y’all start going back to church?” starts all kinds of discussion, haha. I didn’t word my comment right, I have no belief in the Big Bang theory, so scientific was the wrong wording. Mostly I have too many questions that can’t be answered. This means I have no faith in anything particular. There are good points to both sides though. My issues come first with the Bible itself. The writings there are nothing more than an interpretation. We know this since no one can prove it’s origins, let alone it’s authors. I thoroughly believe in a higher power, I just don’t know what it is. I have no problem with anyone else’s beliefs either way. I just don’t agree with others who try and force their beliefs on everyone else.

Latest posts

Top Bottom