Decline of hunters threatens conservation funding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably true. In the 80s there were plenty of places to hunt. There were enough quail to hunt back then too. The land I hunted in my youth has mostly been developed into neighborhoods. WMA land like Keystone is so overgrown it's frustrating as hell. Hopefully I'll be able to buy some land soon.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably true. In the 80s there were plenty of places to hunt. There were enough quail to hunt back then too. The land I hunted in my youth has mostly been developed into neighborhoods. WMA land like Keystone is so overgrown it's frustrating as hell. Hopefully I'll be able to buy some land soon.
Agreed - it’s not only desire to hunt but it’s places to hunt, too. Public land is just a place to get shot, IMO. Private land requires a lease, generally.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hunter numbers have declined. Less and less of the younger generation are involved in hunting.
What part do you call BS on?
I just don’t see a decline at least in my area maybe there is I just figure it is something for them to argue gun control with by saying (well there is not that many people hunt anymore anyways)

Latest posts

Top Bottom