Dedicated turkey gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have a dedicated turkey gun? What I mean by 'dedicated' is one you only use for chasing turkeys and nothing else.

I am thinking of getting one but can't seem to get the desire to spend the money on something special just to shoot once or twice a year. I am curious if anyone else has and if so, what do you use?

I currently just use my SP-10 but was thinking of something lighter and easier. Maybe a Savage or the new Henry.

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have two. I guess you could say they are dedicated as that is all I hunt these days with a shotgun.

Winchester model 12 ,30" full and an 870 Magnum Wingmaster 28"mod that thinks its full.

These two have been the best patterning ones with 4,5,6 shot after going through about 50 shotguns over the years. I highly recommend both kinds and 1100s too if you like fixed chokes. You rarely find one that shoots bad with these three.
I am not in to screw in chokes though.

Grizzly83

New to the site!
Reaction score
I use a Winchester sx3 as a dedicated Turkey gun. 26” barrel and the Turkey choke stays in it. Also have a dedicated duck gun - 28” beretta a400. And the upland gun is an old Winchester 101.
A gun for every season as my wife says.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an older Win 1300 Turkey gun in 12 ga synthetic stock IIRC it has a 22 in barrel and an older Lohman turkey tube. It patterns extremely tight with Win 1 3/4 oz #4 shot.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remington 870 Supermag in Advantage camo in 12 ga and a Mossberg 500 in bottomland camo in .410. depends on if I plan on sitting or running and gunning.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A real tree Benelli supernova with a pistol grip for me. I could use it for other stuff, or use my other shoguns for turkey, I just don’t.

Latest posts

Top Bottom