Dedicated Upper HELP!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have what I thought to be a Spikes dedicated upper and it will not work. It will shoot one round and that is it. The next .22 dont look like the firing pin hits. I take the bolt out and put it back in and it shoots one shot.

I sent it into Spikes Tactical and they said it was one that they did NOT put together. All parts are theirs but the barrel. The upper its self, and the bolt Spikes. So they mess with it and said it works and sent it back. I put it on my lower and back to what it did. One shot only. I am not much a .22 man, so I do not know why this upper is doing this. I used a few other mags, and about 5 kinds of ammo. Still no luck.

I am sure this is something easy, but I am just not seeing it. If I can not get it running soon the next step is going to be parting it out and trash all the .22 parts and make a 5.56 upper out of it.

UPDATE---

After talking to Jeff, and doing a lot more reading, I think I need t get a new hammer spring. One with more mass.

Last edited:

T.R.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Take a look at the hammer. Does it have a notched face at the upper corner? If so, replace it with a hammer without the notch. My Spikes upper has been 100% reliable so far. Hope you get yours working; they're a blast!

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
img.photobucket.com_albums_v231_GLG20_DSC00565.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom