Dedicated weapon lights for pistols.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Bad Wolf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Curious what most people are using for dedicate weapon lights for their pistols.

Also curious if you carry with the weapon light in a concealed type holster. I'm not talking in a duty belt type holster. Kydex? Leather? What's your type?

I have all of mine with the streamlight TLR-1s and have a kydex holster from USSA 'pro' shop. Not real happy with it. They tried to make it as narrow in the width as they could.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's a thread on this around here somewhere. I'm not where I can search for it right now, but it shouldn't be too hard to find. Lots of good info in it!

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never been a fan of lights mounted on a pistol. Shotguns and rifles, yes...pistols, no. :disappoin

Here's what I discovered last summer and have been using ever since.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A48dEDkkI24

http://www.amazon.com/SureFire-CR-K...1842904&sr=8-1&keywords=surefire+combat+rings

This method allows you to have a free hand to open a door, dial a phone, calm a family member, change mags - whatever. You also can use your trigger finger for shooting and not activating a light. Trust me, an armed encounter is complex enough. You don't want your thumbs and fingers on your gunhand doing any more tasks than necessary.

Big Bad Wolf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a crimson trace light guard on my XD that resides in my night stand.

How well do you like the 'Light Guard'? This is what I'm kinda looking at. I'm thinking of ordering a new kydex holster and was thinking that this might be a good compromise for light usage ad concealability. I have a kydex holster for both my full size guns (G22 and 5" 1911) with the TLR-1s. They are good but occasionally I'd like to carry my G23.

I also see several responses and thanks for those. What about how you guys carry? For those that do have a weapon light on, how do you carry? What type of holster?

ber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry my Glock 21sf owb holster from off the gride concepts llc. I also have one of their iwb's very comfortable and conceable even with a tshirt. JMO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom