Deer and Broadheads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am finally getting over my mistake of the year.
I waited every weekend for this guy to come into my stand. The first time he showed up, I could not get an open shot. the second time he came in behind me and I thought he was at about 30 yards, which he was at about 25.
I hit him about 2 inches too high.
I am amazed that a deer can live with that exit hole in his chest. T
Resized9511140147.jpg
his is 2 days after I shot him.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you study the anatomy of a deer, there is nothing in that area that will kill it. Empty of all vital organs.
If shot with a rifle in that area, they go down like a sack of potatoes with spinal cord shock, only to recover and run off later.
There is a possibility you might get another chance at it next year. Frustrating isn't it.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you study the anatomy of a deer, there is nothing in that area that will kill it. Empty of all vital organs.
If shot with a rifle in that area, they go down like a sack of potatoes with spinal cord shock, only to recover and run off later.
There is a possibility you might get another chance at it next year. Frustrating isn't it.
There is actually about 4 deer in that general area that all look about the same. I avoided hunting the other 3, until next year. The Saturday after Thanksgiving I saw him chasing a does about a 1/2 mile from my stand. He ran across the road about 20 yards in front of my quad. You could still see the wound on his side. I think it will heal up.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I not a big fan of expandable's but looking at the hole on this buck. that broad did its job

My opinion is that they only have two cuts not three or four depending on the broadhead.
A lot of folks really like them, so I guess its owner's preference depending on their performance they have experienced.

Latest posts

Top Bottom