Deer and Broadheads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BTW mine was a quartering shot so that may have contributed to not passing through vs a dead broadside shoulder shot. My daughter shooter her doe with a pass through on both shoulders and burried and that was a long track. So I wouldn't rule out a high powered xbow with a heavy arrow but the muzzys were mangled up though.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BTW mine was a quartering shot so that may have contributed to not passing through vs a dead broadside shoulder shot. My daughter shooter her doe with a pass through on both shoulders and burried and that was a long track. So I wouldn't rule out a high powered xbow with a heavy arrow but the muzzys were mangled up though.
Muzzy's won't penetrate NEARLY as well as a cut on contact like a Steelforce. And a ground level shot, that goes through both shoulders, I wouldn't be as confident.

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know. I'll be switching back to the QAD Exodus next season. They work the best in my experience. My brother likes the Fatheads by steal force. But again, a boiler room shot and it doesn't matter what your using.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's a beastly set up. Even at 20 yards or less. Not saying yours sucks but my xbow shoots a 415gr bh at 362 fps and I shoulder shot one at 15 yards this year and did pass through both shoulders but the bh was sticking out the backside shoulder. I know bad shout but was impatient and he did die.
415 Grain Broad Head?
My bolt cutters are 150 grain, the heaviest I've seen advertised.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've scaled my combined weight down to 377 grs and haven't had any pass thru problems. The bloody bolt has been stuck in the ground behind every deer I've shot with this current set up. I actually had more problems with a heavier weight set up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom