Deer club foot. Poor deer :( Veterinarians please read.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buddy got a non typical deer and I now have it's foot.
Poor thing could not put much pressure on it as it was too painful.
This was apparent because it was the right front foot and that right shoulder had no mass to it just about skin and bones. you could see it was shriveled up.

The left leg and shoulder were way muscular much larger than typical deer.
Back bone was easy to see as it had no shoulder muscle above the shoulder area.
It came up behind him with the wind blowing in his face and my buddy stinks like an ashtray.

He shot and missed but being within 15 yards the sound was loud enough to knock the deer over as it fell over then got back up and slow ran away and my buddy got another shot and dropped it there.
Upon skinning it out there was only 1 shot that hit it.

This poor thing was ready to call it quits I think.

I remember someone here saying they are a Veterinarian or their daughter is training or wants to be a veterinarian.
I was thinking i would give them this foot if they would like to dissect it and do a Quincy on it.

I would be curious as to if it got a thorn or some break in it to make it this way.
This thing is solid like calcium build up possibly.

Here it is.
foot 001.JPG
foot 002.JPG

This has been vacuum sealed for a while and in the back of the fridge to the point of about 30-32 degrees it is not stinky.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will look up foot rot.
Ok so I did that and found wet conditions and a possible puncture or sore on the foot walking in wetness could lead to infection in the foot. Lots of bad bacteria in the ground you do not want in an open sore.

Interesting for sure.
Thanks for mentioning it ok 22250

Latest posts

Top Bottom