Deer eve

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe, but a friend of mine with more money than sense killed a big one (not sure of the score but well over 200”) in a pen that “only” cost about $20k. That one does look expensive though.

I was just shooting from the hip on prices. I remember watching a video of some guy on a management cull hunt popping a big Tx buck in a high fence. While they were looking at it, someone in the background said “that’s a $40K buck for sure.”
I can’t imagine paying that much for one deer.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just shooting from the hip on prices. I remember watching a video of some guy on a management cull hunt popping a big Tx buck in a high fence. While they were looking at it, someone in the background said “that’s a $40K buck for sure.”
I can’t imagine paying that much for one deer.

You’re right. Depending on the ranch, that could easily be a $40k buck, and I’ve said a bunch of times to my high fence hunting friends that I’ll quit hunting before I shoot any animal in a pen. In my opinion, there’s nothing “fair chase” about that.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You’re right. Depending on the ranch, that could easily be a $40k buck, and I’ve said a bunch of times to my high fence hunting friends that I’ll quit hunting before I shoot any animal in a pen. In my opinion, there’s nothing “fair chase” about that.

Ain't that the truth!!!

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok guys, I just got off the phone with Chris, the guy who killed that big deer.

It was shot in Junction, Texas on a friends ranch.

7mm Remington Magnum @ 150 yards.

Deer scored 241

Chris was hunting with a friend and there were no fees or trophy fees involved. He was just at the right place at the right time, and managed to take a magnificent animal.
That’s awesome! I don’t find anything fun or fair about high fence

Latest posts

Top Bottom