Deer feeders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bit the bullet and got a new protein feeder today. Cast and Bang had a tornado hit their Geronimo yard back in February so after they settled with insurance, they have some feeders that are discounted for “dents and dings.” This one had a slightly bent leg that saved me about $300.

I have several Boss Buck gravity feeders but the deer clean them out way too fast, so I decided to go with the ASF 2000# electronic feeder. It has a varmint proof spinner housed within the body of the dispersing tubes. You can calibrate the timer to disperse how many pounds of feed you want and when. Even though these are pricey, I figure between saving what the coons were eating, and managing the amount of feed the deer were going through, it’ll pay for itself over just a couple years.

I will place this protein feeder in the center of my place to draw deer in and keep them coming to the protein from now through early October, then transition to corn for muzzleloader season and beyond. I have converted my Boss Buck feeders to broadcast corn feeders with varmint cages.
DE9BDEB3-E738-49E2-AD3E-BF93784AC95D.jpeg

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rough average is 1.5 pounds for every 4 seconds. I am running 5 seconds twice per day.

The “ring” you see under the feeder is actually breeder mineral supplement. Any protein that dribbles out as they are eating lands on the mineral and they end up eating both when they clean up what falls on the ground.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rough average is 1.5 pounds for every 4 seconds. I am running 5 seconds twice per day.

The “ring” you see under the feeder is actually breeder mineral supplement. Any protein that dribbles out as they are eating lands on the mineral and they end up eating both when they clean up what falls on the ground.
I haven’t weighed mine, but it “opens” for 15 minutes twice a day. There’s quite a bit of feed that drops.

I don’t know what actually had to pay for the feeder, but I’m betting it’s going to be the best money you spend this year on a hunting related item.

Latest posts

Top Bottom