Deer gun season to possibly increase in 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Negative, how long ago did you receive it?
I got the end of last week.
Probably just making sure you guys south of the river are happy. Lol
I’m not too happy now, so...:anyone: My answers are sure to piss off ALOT of Okies (according to what I’m seeing on OK hunting FB pages). The opinions I expressed on here were also expressed in the survey.
Like I said earlier, the two questions I found really interesting were about going to one buck. One just asked if I was for it in general...oh hell yes. The other question ask specifically if I was for going to one buck for nonresidents...:scratch: It got a “oh hell yes” as well.
I spend $300-$1000 a year on licenses to hunt in OK, probably another $2000+/- on corn, protein, seed, etc, $6000+/- on utilities, insurance, property taxes, and another $15,000+/- on the note on my house. For a working man, I’m heavily vested in OK deer hunting, and I usually only kill one deer a year.:anyone:

Edit...after looking back at these number, I’m kind of embarrassed and WON’T BE SHOWING THEM TO MY WIFE...:blush:

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I got the end of last week.

I’m not too happy now, so...:anyone: My answers are sure to piss off ALOT of Okies (according to what I’m seeing on OK hunting FB pages). The opinions I expressed on here were also expressed in the survey.
Like I said earlier, the two questions I found really interesting were about going to one buck. One just asked if I was for it in general...oh hell yes. The other question ask specifically if I was for going to one buck for nonresidents...:scratch: It got a “oh hell yes” as well.
I spend $300-$1000 a year on licenses to hunt in OK, probably another $2000+/- on corn, protein, seed, etc, $6000+/- on utilities, insurance, property taxes, and another $15,000+/- on the note on my house. For a working man, I’m heavily vested in OK deer hunting, and I usually only kill one deer a year.:anyone:

Edit...after looking back at these number, I’m kind of embarrassed and WON’T BE SHOWING THEM TO MY WIFE...:blush:

KS takes care of it's NR landowners a little better than OK, and charges more for NR hunters that aren't landowners. I've seen several times already where KS guys have their buck already for the season and are looking for OK places to hunt so they can take another buck..............

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score

So your hunting for meat?

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After all the time, money and travel involved I can't see @retrieverman as being a meat hunter.......I believe he's holding out for something like this or maybe even just a tad bigger.

Big deer.jpg

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry didn't put in the emjoi so you could tell it was a joke. /smh

Okay so you are clearly an outlier by owning land in OK. That isn't necessary though for you to hunt here. You could lease a place for much less. Seriously for the money you quoted to take a single buck. Would you not be better off taking the 2k in corn and all your other expenses and go on a paid hunt somewhere? Instead of investing in stands, side by sides, feeders, leases, fuel and all the other stuff.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry didn't put in the emjoi so you could tell it was a joke. /smh

Okay so you are clearly an outlier by owning land in OK. That isn't necessary though for you to hunt here. You could lease a place for much less. Seriously for the money you quoted to take a single buck. Would you not be better off taking the 2k in corn and all your other expenses and go on a paid hunt somewhere? Instead of investing in stands, side by sides, feeders, leases, fuel and all the other stuff.
:lmfao:
Oh I would absolutely be way better off financially to pay for a lease or just buy a “hunt”, but that’s not me. As I’ve gotten older, I really enjoy the preparation (food plots, cameras, etc) more than hunting, BUT I really enjoy improving the property that’s MINE.:anyone:
I’ve talked about selling out up there and investing the money for retirement or maybe buying a place closer, but I really can’t see myself ever really doing it.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@retrieverman I think that you being a landowner and having to pay for non-resident fees is nuts. We don't even need the hunting license if we are on our own property. I know it says that being a resident of another state and owning real property here doesn't make you a resident but it just seems wrong to me. Property records are legal records and should suffice for hunting regs. This law needs to be changed IMO.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
@retrieverman I think that you being a landowner and having to pay for non-resident fees is nuts. We don't even need the hunting license if we are on our own property. I know it says that being a resident of another state and owning real property here doesn't make you a resident but it just seems wrong to me. Property records are legal records and should suffice for hunting regs. This law needs to be changed IMO.

Agree, but there will need to be a system of checks. Not to keep bringing up the way Kansas does things, but they just did a huge investigation over the last couple of years busting "NR landowners" who claimed to own land, etc, etc so they could get the cheap tag(s). NR landowner/tenant must own at 80 acres that produces either crop or livestock income and they can only hunt that property under that cheaper NR landowner tag, otherwise they have to do the NR drawing and spend the $530ish if they want to hunt somewhere else in the state. It went unchecked for a long time and when it did get checked, lot's of folks got busted in that deal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom