Deer Hunt Contest 2009-10

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks, when she ran into the fence and then fell down she laid head down hill and I think that is where all the face blood is from. She dressed at 104 pounds. I routinely harvest mature doe in the 100 to 110 pound field dressed range. The does I shoot on some of the places that have really high numbers of deer just about 8 miles from my place a mature doe will weigh in the 78 to 88 pound range.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bigcountryok- 20 points.
Imhntn 30- points.
Oklahomabassin- 35 points.
Oneshotonekill- 30 points.
Tacticalli- 20 points.

I edged out with a late season archery doe, and tied for 2nd place is Imhntn and Oneshotonekill each with 30 points. Congratulations to all who entered deer this year, I was really hoping to have more participation this year. I am open to any suggestions for next years contest. Both Oneshotonekill and Imhntn will receive a pm for prize information. Thank you participants.

Edited to say this was not posted at 6:56 p.m. I wish I could say I am not still up at 1:11 a.m. taking care of things.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Contest is open to Oklahoma Shooters members who have been a member on or before August 2009. Deer taken during any Oklahoma open season will be allowed. Contest will run from October 1st through January 15th, 2010. All deer pictures must be entered by January 17th, 2010. For proof of a 2009-10 kill a paper plate, with OSA Deer Hunt Contest 2009-10 wrote on it with a magic marker, must be held in the picture. Weapon of choice should be in the picture as well. With antlered deer a ruler, yard stick, or tape measure should be held up in the antlers for rough spread measurement in the pictures. Anything close to the 12 inch rule will err to the greater than spread. This is inside spread at the widest point. In case of a tie, winner will drawn from a hat. This years contest will have a 1st and 2nd place.

I am still coming up with prize(s) and am looking for donations of more prizes. I will purchase a $20 gift card for a start of the prize list.

Please let me know that you have read the rules and agree to them and let me know you are entered. Post your picture of entry and required information here. Make a new post for the story and for comments.
Archery:
Non antlered (same as OK state definition) ........15 points
Antlered (with less than 12 inch spread)..25 points
Antlered (greater than 12 inch spread) ....35 points

Primitive:
Non antlered (same as OK state definition).........10 points
Antlered (with less than 12 inch spread)..20 points
Antlered (greater than 12 inch spread) ....25 points

Gun:
Non antlered (same as OK state definition)..........5 points
Antlered (with less than 12 inch spread)..15 points
Antlered (greater than 12 inch spread) ....20 points