Deer Season 2018 Pics/Stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1542553067607.jpg

Brother spanked one this morning

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay.....the following story has been confirmed by my wife's grandfather who took my nephew hunting this morning. This pertains to the buck my nephew killed that I posted a few posts up. Nephew says it went like this...."Well, me n Papa went out in the pasture n sat by a tree for a while and didn't see nothing. We decided to drive the truck across the pasture to the other side. We saw this buck standing at the edge of the hill. I got out of the truck and got down on one knee and put the crosshairs on his shoulder and I was shaking a bunch. I pulled the trigger and the buck took of running crippled. Papa said, "why'd ya shoot the doe?" I said "huh". We went over where I shot and there was a doe dead that was shot in the neck. We went over the hill where the buck went and found him down but still alive so I shot him again. The first shot that went thru the does neck hit the bucks shoulder. I was shootin Papas .308."

Nephew says he didn't see the doe cuz he was focused on shooting the bucks shoulder. I guess this would be possible. Lol. I did tell him that this happening is neat but not what I would call cool cuz he needs to be aware of everything in his "shooting zone".
IMG_3360.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom