defense simulator for real life scenarios

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ok-22shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife and I out wandering in north Bixby over the last weekend and found a business that has street fighting defense classes. stopped by today. Sister company next door is C.A.P.S. Civilian Arms Protection Simulator. Joe gave me a tour of their simulation room. HD overhead projector onto a maybe 15 foot wide by 10 foot tall screen with all sorts of simulations for everything from falling plates, bad guy identification from a group, to seeing a bad guy with gun coming into your house and your daughter as a hostage. They are using SIRT laser trainers as well as a real Glock 19 converted to laser with a CO2 mechanism to cycle slide more like real discharge of gun. My hits were on target but one of the main training points is communication with the bad guy to try to talk him out of doing bad. I failed this part of the simulation. Their goal is to help you not have to discharge your gun. I have no affiliation other than I intend to sign up for the hour program and training. I own a SIRT and have worn out the first trigger mechanism and had it replaced. 10s of thousands of trigger pulls at the cost of a CR123 battery as apposed to covid induced astronomical ammo prices. Expanding on the few scenarios and discussions I saw, I believe will help me to make the correct decision if I ever have to draw a gun for my or other's defense. Pray and manage your surroundings so that it never happens, train in case it does. Wondering if others have used their program or other programs that are similar?

CAPSSimulator.com

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife and I out wandering in north Bixby over the last weekend and found a business that has street fighting defense classes. stopped by today. Sister company next door is C.A.P.S. Civilian Arms Protection Simulator. Joe gave me a tour of their simulation room. HD overhead projector onto a maybe 15 foot wide by 10 foot tall screen with all sorts of simulations for everything from falling plates, bad guy identification from a group, to seeing a bad guy with gun coming into your house and your daughter as a hostage. They are using SIRT laser trainers as well as a real Glock 19 converted to laser with a CO2 mechanism to cycle slide more like real discharge of gun. My hits were on target but one of the main training points is communication with the bad guy to try to talk him out of doing bad. I failed this part of the simulation. Their goal is to help you not have to discharge your gun. I have no affiliation other than I intend to sign up for the hour program and training. I own a SIRT and have worn out the first trigger mechanism and had it replaced. 10s of thousands of trigger pulls at the cost of a CR123 battery as apposed to covid induced astronomical ammo prices. Expanding on the few scenarios and discussions I saw, I believe will help me to make the correct decision if I ever have to draw a gun for my or other's defense. Pray and manage your surroundings so that it never happens, train in case it does. Wondering if others have used their program or other programs that are similar?

CAPSSimulator.com

Sounds as if the touchy feely people have infiltrated a shoot don't shoot simulator that in real life WILL GET YOU KILLED!

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds as if the touchy feely people have infiltrated a shoot don't shoot simulator that in real life WILL GET YOU KILLED!

I'm no longer a LEO, it's not my responsibility to try to talk someone out of doing something bad. If I feel my or a loved ones life is in danger I won't even issue a warning. My hope would be they don't even hear the shot that kills them.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Violence to some people is a tool. A tool that uses fear to control people. I've met people, if you can call them people, that would walk past you on the busy street and stab you just to do it. I've met people that would kill you in a second if it was to their advantage or to just have the thrill of doing it. They have no compunction about you our your life at all. It is only about them and their goal whether it be to steal a dollar from you or rape you, they will do whatever they have to do to accomplish it especially if they need the money for drugs or are under the influence at the time.

You must be ready to respond and respond quickly to any threat of great bodily harm or death. People will say the man was killed over an argument of a parking spot. WRONG! The man was killed because he produced a knife and attempted to stab me because he was mad about a parking spot. This is what the stand-your-ground law was created for. You do not have to retreat and you do not have to try to talk him out of stabbing you.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Violence to some people is a tool. A tool that uses fear to control people. I've met people, if you can call them people, that would walk past you on the busy street and stab you just to do it. I've met people that would kill you in a second if it was to their advantage or to just have the thrill of doing it. They have no compunction about you our your life at all. It is only about them and their goal whether it be to steal a dollar from you or rape you, they will do whatever they have to do to accomplish it especially if they need the money for drugs or are under the influence at the time.

You must be ready to respond and respond quickly to any threat of great bodily harm or death. People will say the man was killed over an argument of a parking spot. WRONG! The man was killed because he produced a knife and attempted to stab me because he was mad about a parking spot. This is what the stand-your-ground law was created for. You do not have to retreat and you do not have to try to talk him out of stabbing you.

Excellent post, and something we should all strive to help our loved ones understand. The world, and this country, is rife with horrible people. I'm a firm believer in the good folks far outweigh the bad, but make no mistake, we all get home safely at the end of each day because we had luck on our side that day and we just didn't encounter one of the horrible people that walk among us.

Polite, professional and a plan to kill everyone you meet.

ok-22shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
one of the scenarios I went thru at CADS simulation was walking into "my" kitchen and a man is at the kitchen sink. Prior to starting the film, the scenario is set up that you and the "wife" of the film have discussed a repair in the kitchen at this location and she was going to find a repair guy. some of the responses to my original post sound like they might shot first and ask questions second. if the guy turns out to be the repair man, can u live with that for the rest of your life? we all agree there may be a time were we do have to draw and shoot with no time other than to respond to the threat. I use an iTarget setup that measures reaction time with my SIRT from a IWB 5 o'clock holster as practice and my reaction time is half what it was when I started. Contrary to what I have read above, I believe there may be an instance on the "street" where I might have the time to defer the intents of a bad guy by verbal commands to stop. Bad guys look for sheep. I do everything I can to let them know I am a sheep dog by my appear and actions. I am not ex-LEO or military. Just an armed citizen that has spent over 100s of hours reading and watching training with actual shots fired to give me an insight in how I should respond, not react, to a hostile situation. I understand that your training may take u somewhere else. I'm willing to spend the money and time at CADS to let my brain respond quicker to possible events. The shoot house in OKC also sounds like a good venue. I believe 2A has something similar in Tulsa. There will be some of you that want to convince me that my holster location is not optimum for quick response. You are absolutely correct. My life style and clothing selection has been reviewed over and over and I feel that this is the Prefered position for me. Not alway carried there but most of the time. All of the above comments have been read and used to stimulate my thinking and for that I am thankful. In my opinion, some of the comments may have missed the object of the training. This is American, the greatest land in the world, we all get to voice our opinions.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
one of the scenarios I went thru at CADS simulation was walking into "my" kitchen and a man is at the kitchen sink. Prior to starting the film, the scenario is set up that you and the "wife" of the film have discussed a repair in the kitchen at this location and she was going to find a repair guy. some of the responses to my original post sound like they might shot first and ask questions second. if the guy turns out to be the repair man, can u live with that for the rest of your life? we all agree there may be a time were we do have to draw and shoot with no time other than to respond to the threat. I use an iTarget setup that measures reaction time with my SIRT from a IWB 5 o'clock holster as practice and my reaction time is half what it was when I started. Contrary to what I have read above, I believe there may be an instance on the "street" where I might have the time to defer the intents of a bad guy by verbal commands to stop. Bad guys look for sheep. I do everything I can to let them know I am a sheep dog by my appear and actions. I am not ex-LEO or military. Just an armed citizen that has spent over 100s of hours reading and watching training with actual shots fired to give me an insight in how I should respond, not react, to a hostile situation. I understand that your training may take u somewhere else. I'm willing to spend the money and time at CADS to let my brain respond quicker to possible events. The shoot house in OKC also sounds like a good venue. I believe 2A has something similar in Tulsa. There will be some of you that want to convince me that my holster location is not optimum for quick response. You are absolutely correct. My life style and clothing selection has been reviewed over and over and I feel that this is the Prefered position for me. Not alway carried there but most of the time. All of the above comments have been read and used to stimulate my thinking and for that I am thankful. In my opinion, some of the comments may have missed the object of the training. This is American, the greatest land in the world, we all get to voice our opinions.

No we don't shoot first and ask questions later. I would only shoot if there were an immediate threat and the person had the opportunity and means to carry out that threat. Up until that point is an attempt to make sure the situation is diffused. The situation you described is when there was a weapon brandished and verbal threats with an overt act to hurt or kill me or someone else. In that case he has passed the negotiation point and as stated before, "shouldn't hear the round that kills him."

Latest posts

Top Bottom