Defensive Scenarios

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haha! You could have shot it more if you wanted! I don't mind sharing! :hey3: I wish I could say I didn't have any malfunctions. LOL I'm getting pretty good at clearing them fairly quickly but I'd really rather my shoulders and arms get strong enough that I don't have that problem. :faint: One step at a time, I guess. That was the first time I've fired any 9mm ammo in more than a year. I know the doc told me I would have problems at first but I really didn't believe him. :lookaroun Imagine that ... :naughty::rotflmao:

You'll get there... even with your "problems" you are still better than me. lol

I gotta get some shooting in, but damn... we can't do these kinds of matches at our local range, and it's a 1-2 hour drive to anywhere else to do them. :(

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You'll get there... even with your "problems" you are still better than me. lol

I gotta get some shooting in, but damn... we can't do these kinds of matches at our local range, and it's a 1-2 hour drive to anywhere else to do them. :(

I know, man, and that sucks!! Still, you need to give Shelley my number so she and I can get Ian started. I'm certainly game to go hang out with them. How's his finger?? Poor guy ...

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
***snip*** I can't think of any shooter in competitions that hasn't been disqualified at least once for a safety violation.

I haven't. And neither has the old man. That is one thing that we feel VERY strongly about. I will compromise my time before I break the 180, or risk doing anything else dangerous with my gun. I lost a friend to a negligent gunshot when I was in the 7th grade and I have NEVER forgotten that funeral. I remember it like it was yesterday. I'm the girl who will go tell someone I don't know they need to be a little more careful. I'm not rude, and I have NEVER yelled at someone like I've seen some men do. Safety violations happen mostly when people forget themselves while they are having fun.

I'm not saying I've not been corrected by someone at a range for something but I've never been DQ'd at a match. And now that I've said that outloud, I've probably doomed myself to screwing up royally at the match in Duncan that's coming up ... @D. Hargrove, your gonna have to keep an eye on me! :faint:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't. And neither has the old man. That is one thing that we feel VERY strongly about. I will compromise my time before I break the 180, or risk doing anything else dangerous with my gun. I lost a friend to a negligent gunshot when I was in the 7th grade and I have NEVER forgotten that funeral. I remember it like it was yesterday. I'm the girl who will go tell someone I don't know they need to be a little more careful. I'm not rude, and I have NEVER yelled at someone like I've seen some men do. Safety violations happen mostly when people forget themselves while they are having fun.

I'm not saying I've not been corrected by someone at a range for something but I've never been DQ'd at a match. And now that I've said that outloud, I've probably doomed myself to screwing up royally at the match in Duncan that's coming up ... @D. Hargrove, your gonna have to keep an eye on me! :faint:

Your lucky. Took me about 8 years for the first one that was a mechanical malfunction. Several people saw my finger off the trigger, but the gun went off while preparing to clear it at the end of a stage. The DQ was because I had the gun pointed high, and the round left the range not impacting the berm.
Now when I RO at a match, and give the range command that"if you are finished, unload and show clear, if clear, hammer down and holster" I'll have some of the new shooters point the pistol toward the sky, or down close to their feet. I'll quietly mention to them to clear, etc. with the gun pointed at the berm so if an ND or mechanical malfunction occurs, it won't be a DQ.
I've passed my learning experience onto others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your lucky. Took me about 8 years for the first one that was a mechanical malfunction. Several people saw my finger off the trigger, but the gun went off while preparing to clear it at the end of a stage. The DQ was because I had the gun pointed high, and the round left the range not impacting the berm.
Now when I RO at a match, and give the range command that"if you are finished, unload and show clear, if clear, hammer down and holster" I'll have some of the new shooters point the pistol toward the sky, or down close to their feet. I'll quietly mention to them to clear, etc. with the gun pointed at the berm so if an ND or mechanical malfunction occurs, it won't be a DQ.
I've passed my learning experience onto others.

There was a REALLY funky stage at USSA one time where a lot of shooters were DQing because they were breaking the 180, even though we were all warned in the walk-through that stage was designed that way to see who was paying attention and who was not. All you had to do was turn your gun sideways (gangsta) to keep the muzzle from breaking on the end barricades. I could not believe the number of people (OK, I was the only girl out there so GUYS) who couldn't figure out how not to break the 180. Kinda scary ...

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ignored Member !! Don't know what is up with the name change (pretty good idea though LOL) but GOML was way better!! Besides you can get little blue pills to help with the ignored member issue!! Just saying, there is help for ya out there!

Just thought it would be funny to have people look and think; well who have I ignored here?

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Just thought it would be funny to have people look and think; well who have I ignored here?

Stopping and thinking is why I wont use the ignore button, following folks that I disagree with helps me think through someone else's idea/opinion. Just cause I disagree does not necessarily mean I am right. Ahh hell , I am always right!! Just ask me I will tell ya.:cool:

Latest posts

Top Bottom