Defensive Shotgun Instructor Development Course

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Givens

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Three-Day Defensive Shotgun Instructor Development Course

June 12-14, 2020 Mead Hall Range, McLoud, OK (just east of Oklahoma City)

The shotgun is one of the most effective and versatile weapons the individual police officer or private citizen can normally access. It is also the least understood and most misused weapon system we have. Over the course of three full days of training, candidates will learn about:

Shotgun Selection

Modifications and Accessories

Ammunition Capabilities and Selection

Shooting Technique for Defensive Shooting, not sporting use

Efficient Gunhandling Techniques

Patterning

Tactical Application

Modern Teaching Methodology.

Students will need a pump or semiauto shotgun with a barrel length of from 18” to 22”, or a legal SBS. You will fire approximately 300 rounds of birdshot, 150 rounds of buckshot, and 40 slugs. Registered students will receive a detailed equipment list prior to class, and each will be issued a comprehensive manual and a 2+ hour DVD at class. Prior registration is required. See

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/defensive-shotgun-instructor-development-course-tickets-52852914490

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went thru a course like this....back in Chicago, 2005 believe we shot more ammo and lasted all day, class first, shooting in a walled room (outside) , more shooting...OH..we shot skeet in the afternoon.
Not sure the cost, lot of fun, food, nice diploma. I was surprised the female to male ratio was ..fourteen women, five guys...maybe four cause one guy hurt his wrist after the first shot and left. Looked like he wanted to cry. I felt so bad for him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom