Define concealed carry.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
sawnoffdb.jpg

My carry gun is kinda hard to conceal, but it gets the job done.....

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Match weenies and their stupid rules...
You should try some. You might have some fun within the rules, and learn something.
Keep in mind like the rest of us do that it is a game like playing pool, racing bikes, etc. Shooting matches is not tactical timmy training and all recognize that issue for the most part, but it does teach one things that can be useful like how to clear a jam in the quickest manner, mag issues with not inserting them correctly,proper grip, sight alignment, target awareness and the most important part is practice to hit the center mass in the A zone quickly and accurately. In the USPSA game, one second of screw up can cost several places in the final score.
Give it a try. You can shoot your out of the box factory pistol in the Single Stack division where you compete against other with the same limitations of 10 rounds in the mag, or go to limited division where you can load up to 23 rounds in your mag as long as it meets the length requirements. Other divisions are available.
Let me know if your interested. When I shoot at the OKCGC, I'm typically a squad leader and I'll get you on my squad to have some fun. We have a couple of other members on here that shoot there on a regular basis that you can pair with.
New shooters always go last in the lineup so they can see how others determine their strategy to shoot the array the quickest. Not everyone thinks the same way, and it gives the new shooter some intel about what to do when it's their turn.
Scores and levels of marksmanship are kept online when one becomes a member of USPSA but that is not required to shoot a match.
OKCGC typically has 90 shooters at their matches and probably 10 or so each match are new shooters that have never shot a match before. They get a safety briefing and are turned loose to the squad leaders.
Its highly controlled by the Range Safety Officers, with safety being the #1 priority. They never take their eyes off your hands, etc while your handling the firearm to make sure it all goes as it should.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom