Delayed by NICS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it was me, I'd hang around the store for 30-60 minutes and see if it went through before I left. Of course that means I'd have to shop for other stuff while I waited, but hey we all have to make sacrifices sometimes.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wish it worked like that in Oklahoma, but it doesn't.

Dave

Then you are not a resident of Edmond any longer.

:)

If Mr. vdub maintains residences in two states (Oklahoma and one other), and the other state allows that procedure, it could work that way. But not, as ratski said, in OK.

I can assure you I do still live in Edmond, I am not a resident of two states, and I did purchase a new glock in about 7 minutes. Not sure if the dealer ran the check or not but will leave that up to them. All I know is I gave him my OK driver’s license and CHL, filled out the form 4473, paid the nice man and walked out. So either he is the fastest background check person in the world or my rap sheet is so squeaky clean it took about 7 minutes for the total transaction.

or

Maybe that gun shop was really some kind of back alley store that only deals with very questionable characters. Hmmmmm

Last edited:

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can assure you I do still live in Edmond, I am not a resident of two states, and I did purchase a new glock in about 7 minutes. Not sure if the dealer ran the check or not but will leave that up to them. All I know is I gave him my OK driver’s license and CHL, filled out the form 4473, paid the nice man and walked out. So either he is the fastest background check person in the world or my rap sheet is so squeaky clean it took about 7 minutes for the total transaction.

Possible that it just ran thru fast.
I did one this morning that was almost instantaneous.
Not the norm these days.
Honestly, I was stunned at the speed of the response.

I hope for your dealer's sake that he is not assuming that the OK Concealed Carry Permit is acceptable as a NICS check alternative.

If so, I'll guarantee that when he gets his ATF on site, they will ream him royally.

Plus, if I recall your original post, you didn't mention that the transaction took 7 minutes, nor that you filled out the 4473 and gave your driver's license.

Dave

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Possible that it just ran thru fast.
I did one this morning that was almost instantaneous.
Not the norm these days.
Honestly, I was stunned at the speed of the response.

I hope for your dealer's sake that he is not assuming that the OK Concealed Carry Permit is acceptable as a NICS check alternative.

If so, I'll guarantee that when he gets his ATF on site, they will ream him royally.

Plus, if I recall your original post, you didn't mention that the transaction took 7 minutes, nor that you filled out the 4473 and gave your driver's license.

Dave

Who in their right mind would ever think that you could get out of filling out a 4473 when buying a gun from a dealer?!?! Guess I gave too much credit that some would use that mass between their ears a little. But if you took my post or saying you took my post literally, you should have thought or known I was the smoothest thief in the world because I didn’t mention paying him either. Got to love some people!!

And I actually I did mention “fill out the form” and that it took “7 minutes” so maybe you mis-recalled my post.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just show my handgun license, fill out the form, and walk! Bought a Glock in like 7 minutes.

Here is your original post.
Nowhere in here did you mention that you gave your driver's license and you DID mention that you paid for it when you said you "bought a glock".
Your implication was that you only gave your handgun license and no other form of ID.
I didn't mis-recall your post.
Maybe you mis-recalled your intentions behind the post.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is your original post.
Nowhere in here did you mention that you gave your driver's license and you DID mention that you paid for it when you said you "bought a glock".
Your implication was that you only gave your handgun license and no other form of ID.
I didn't mis-recall your post.
Maybe you mis-recalled your intentions behind the post.

Nope! Like I said too much credit to some about that mass between the ears. Like how you forgot about or won’t admit you were wrong about the 4473. Let’s just gloss over that. You jumped to conclusions and at best were a minimum 67% wrong on them and just assumed on the other one.

I know what my post was as I corrected you on two of your three points.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope! Like I said too much credit to some about that mass between the ears. Like how you forgot about or won’t admit you were wrong about the 4473. Let’s just gloss over that. You jumped to conclusions and at best were a minimum 67% wrong on them.

I know what my post was as I corrected you on two of your three points.

I fail to see where I glossed over the 4473.
There is a place on the 4473 (Question 21)that states "No NICS check was required because the transferee/buyer has a valid permit from the State where the transfer is to take place, which qualifies as an exemption to NICS."

I simply stated that if your dealer used your license instead of a NICS check, the ATF inspector would come down hard on him. I never implied or stated that you didn't fill out the 4473.
I never glossed over it.
Please find those words in my post somewhere.

I have plenty of mass between the ears.
And I know what you were implying.
Reread your post as I quoted.

Latest posts

Top Bottom