Delayed by NICS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Plus, if I recall your original post, you didn't mention that the transaction took 7 minutes, nor that you filled out the 4473 and gave your driver's license.
Dave

Man, Dave!! Such in a hurry to try and prove me wrong and prove how you were right only to gloss over stuff like this. When I say glossed over I was referring to how you completely ignored the fact you were wrong when you said I didn’t mention the 4473. I am not referring to any thing in the form nor what the form gives for exceptions.

Maybe you need to check your intentions because you clearly state I didn’t mention it took 7 minutes nor that I filled out a 4473. Which your post above were you quoted my original post proves that to be incorrect. You clearly showed you were at minimum 67% wrong on your assumptions in your own posts.

i don’t need to reread my post. You need to reread it all and actually realize what you post. I mentioned filling out a 4473, handing the dealer my CHL (not my DL too), paying the dealer, and it taking 7 minutes.

The only thing you can play gotcha on is me not saying I handed him my DL too. Oh the horrors!!!!

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's never really seemed like mine took much more than 7 minutes, that or I just wasn't paying attention to how much time passed. But I haven't bought anything since the current crisis started.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The longest delay (that went through the same day) I can remember was about 45 minutes. For a shotgun at Atwoods, of all things.

Sweetie and I sat in their little indoor display of yard furniture while we waited. :D
:drunk2:

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, Dave!! Such in a hurry to try and prove me wrong and prove how you were right only to gloss over stuff like this. When I say glossed over I was referring to how you completely ignored the fact you were wrong when you said I didn’t mention the 4473. I am not referring to any thing in the form nor what the form gives for exceptions.
i don’t need to reread my post. You need to reread it all and actually realize what you post. I mentioned filling out a 4473, handing the dealer my CHL (not my DL too), paying the dealer, and it taking 7 minutes.

The only thing you can play gotcha on is me not saying I handed him my DL too. Oh the horrors!!!!

Dude, You are so right
I am so sorry that I doubted anything that you said or implied.
In re-reading your original post it is now obvious that you never intended to imply that your only form of identification to your dealer was your concealed carry permit.
I really wish I had taken more time than it was worth to re-read everything and be able to pick nits with you.
Unfortunately, I must pursue other endeavors like filling out PPP forms and EIDL forms instead of 4473 forms.

Dave

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dude, You are so right
I am so sorry that I doubted anything that you said or implied.
In re-reading your original post it is now obvious that you never intended to imply that your only form of identification to your dealer was your concealed carry permit.
I really wish I had taken more time than it was worth to re-read everything and be able to pick nits with you.
Unfortunately, I must pursue other endeavors like filling out PPP forms and EIDL forms instead of 4473 forms.

Dave

Ah yes!! The old I realized my mouth out ran my brain and rear end so I give you sarcasm!! I didn’t spend but 7 minutes on all this!!! :D:D

Good luck on the forms and hope they help whoever they are for as times are pretty bad economically.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Waaaa! Waaaa! Waaa! Butt hurt alert! Entirely too much butt hurt in this thread.

I'm b*tthurt!!

I've never been delayed, denied, or whatever in purchasing a firearm. (Oh, wait...there was that .38 Special that I bought in California back in the '60's, and I had to wait 3 days because of CA laws.)

Of course, it may be that because I've never had a blemish on my record, I get a pass.

Latest posts

Top Bottom