Dem Senator Al Franken is History.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's why I didn't mention the senate.
I kind of left that for a trap for anybody to respond, and it was all politics that didn't allow the senate to finally follow through the impeachment process.
The Swamp won.

As pissed as I am about that, it was probably for the better. Because Al Gore....

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.newsmax.com/politics/ne...ob=1767860_12072017&s=al&dkt_nbr=010502p64n5h
Newt Gingrich, Ingraham: Democratic 'Lynch Mob' Calling on Franken to Resign
By Theodore Bunker | Thursday, 07 Dec 2017 10:04 AM

Even MSNBC host Stephanie Ruhle is wondering if Laura Ingraham is right---that is, did Democrats called for the resignation of Sen. Al Franken (D-MN) over sexual misconduct accusations as a political calculation that could eventually lead to the impeachment of President Donald Trump.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017...tm_term=daily&utm_content=links&utm_campaign=
MSNBC’s Ruhle: Could Franken Ouster Lead to Trump’s Impeachment?
by PAM KEY - 7 Dec 2017

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get so sick of these liberal talking heads in the MSM. The hatred for Trump is disgusting. Look if you don’t like his politics fine, if you don’t like him fine, but he was duly elected by we the people. They always use the “he’s not popular and he is a reprehensible person yet he is the president” crap. Yeah I’m sure he is unpopular with them and their ilk. But for most Americans he is popular. He is doing almost everything he said he would do. But that’s just not good enough for the liberals. Like I said many times before. No matter what good Trump or the republicans for that matter do, the liberals and the democrats will never give them credit for doing good. The hatred is too deep. But I am sure glad to see Franken go. He didn’t deserve that position. Like 99% of the fools in our government.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@deerwhacker444
On Tuesday, Jones told the Birmingham crowd of his support for the Second Amendment and threw in a jab at Moore. He said that when they see him with a gun, “I’ll be climbing in and out of a deer blind ... not prancing around on a stage in a cowboy suit” ― a reference to an earlier stunt at a rally when Moore, sporting a cowboy hat and a leather vest, pulled out a gun onstage.

Yeah, maybe Jones should pull out a gun all wily nilly in a crowd to show everyone he’s a strong 2A supporter...Moore is an idiot.

Despite my distaste for brandishing, your description reaffirms to me that Moore actually understands what the 2nd Amendment is for, and Jones does not.

I don't disagree with any of this, but how does voting a dim in protect the process or get us a different result? They are all hypocrites and liars. I'm with deerwhacker at post #69. I'm tired of taking the high road, the other side just doesn't place any value in morals, so lets play their game and defeat them for a change, that's what I want. That doesn't mean we can't value right from wrong and I don't think Moore throwing up a white flag 40 years after the fact says we are the same as the heathens either.

My point is that if Alabamans want to elect a Republican, that's exactly what they should do, then sort out whether they want Moore to represent them until 2021. The timing of these accusations automatically makes them suspect. They shouldn't be forced to abandon their political convictions for over three years, just because the left mounted a well timed political attack in the 11th hour.

An impeachment isn't a trial; it's closer to an indictment. Impeachment is the proffering of charges; the trial is held in the Senate, which declined to convict.

He absolutely, positively committed a 1001(g) crime. The fact that they didn't prosecute him criminally on that speaks to the double standard that's at the heart of my refusal to refer to our legal system as a "justice" system.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Beverly Young Nelson, the liar who accused Moore of sexually assaulting her has just admitted to forging Moore's signature in her yearbook!
What source are you using? I’m reading that the inscription and signature are still (claimed) genuine, and the dates and “notes,” were added.
www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/08/roy-moore-accuser-admits-forged-part-yearbook-inscription-attributed-to-alabama-senate-candidate.amp.html
Beverly Young Nelson told ABC News she added the date and place in the inscription in her high school yearbook that she and famed attorney Gloria Allred presented as proof the then-30-something Moore sought an inappropriate relationship with her in the late 1970s.

edited for clarity

Last edited:

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He absolutely, positively committed a 1001(g) crime. The fact that they didn't prosecute him criminally on that speaks to the double standard that's at the heart of my refusal to refer to our legal system as a "justice" system.
I was replying to dennishoddy's assertion that impeachment constitutes evidence. It doesn't. There's an old cliché that a good prosecutor could get a jury to indict a ham sandwich; an indictment--or impeachment--is no evidence at all.

As to his crimes, hoddy's standard for Moore is conviction; by that same standard, Slick Willy is A-okay.

It's a poor standard.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Beverly Young Nelson, the liar who accused Moore of sexually assaulting her has just admitted to forging Moore's signature in her yearbook!

Link?

If true, it utterly destroys her credibility. IF...

I was replying to dennishoddy's assertion that impeachment constitutes evidence. It doesn't. There's an old cliché that a good prosecutor could get a jury to indict a ham sandwich; an indictment--or impeachment--is no evidence at all.

As to his crimes, hoddy's standard for Moore is conviction; by that same standard, Slick Willy is A-okay.

It's a poor standard.

I don't disagree, but the system has a habit of going soft on some, and hard as hell on others. Just pointing out that fact.

Latest posts

Top Bottom