Dem Senator Al Franken is History.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't heard Franken deny anything. I heard him apologize to the victims for the misunderstanding.

He denied some of the charges and apologized for the misunderstanding in regards to others. He admitted no wrongdoing.

Either way, tying to separate the two cases is rather silly and is splitting hairs.

If one thinks Moore should stay in the race/be seated in congress then it’s pretty funny to demand/cheer Franken’s resignation.

If one thinks Franken should have resigned then it’s pretty duplicitous to say Moore should stay in.

Moore, Conyers, Franken...they’re all scumbags in my book and have no business writing our laws.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Democrats are just trying to give the appearance of cleaning house so they can attack the Republicans over the election of Roy Moore. Democrats know that another Liberal will fill Franken's spot, he was sacrificed for the "cause". Attacking Moore will give the Democrats a battering ram well into 2018..

I totally agree. For years upon years, decades upon decades the lib dems ignored/condoned the likes of Ted Kennedy, Bill Clinton, etc. In fact, they and their MSM demonized anyone that even tried to take these sexual preditors/harrassers to task. And now that the "lid on the cookie jar" is being slammed down on sexual harrassment/predation, the lib dems are throwing all of their offending members under the bus for possible gains in future elections. The double standards and hypocrisy of the lib dems is once again going into full parade mode.

“Do you think Bill Clinton inspired a whole generation of lecherous ‘male feminists’? It was quite a message: Have the right politics, and you can get away doing anything to women.” —Frank Fleming

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I totally agree. For years upon years, decades upon decades the lib dems ignored/condoned the likes of Ted Kennedy, Bill Clinton, etc. In fact, they and their MSM demonized anyone that even tried to take these sexual preditors/harrassers to task. And now that the "lid on the cookie jar" is being slammed down on sexual harrassment/predation, the lib dems are throwing all of their offending members under the bus for possible gains in future elections. The double standards and hypocrisy of the lib dems is once again going into full parade mode.

“Do you think Bill Clinton inspired a whole generation of lecherous ‘male feminists’? It was quite a message: Have the right politics, and you can get away doing anything to women.” —Frank Fleming

So it’s ok to ignore the likes of Roy Moore because the Dems ignored Ted Kennedy and Bill Clinton?

We take our moral compass from them do we?

If TK and Clinton were unfit to serve and the Dems were wrong to stand behind them out of political expediency then why on earth would you do the same with a republican candidate?

What is the foundational belief system here? Do whatever the Dems did?

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So is there actual evidence of Moore's transgressions?
At the very least, there's actual evidence that he's a liar:

-------
In his November 10 interview with Sean Hannity, Moore said he remembered Gloria Deason and Debbie Gibson, who told The Washington Post he had dated them when they were teenagers and he was a local prosecutor in his 30s. Although he did not recall dating them, Moore said, "I'm not going to dispute anything." He described Deason, who said she dated him when she was 18, as "a good girl." He said he knew "her parents, her mother in particular." He denied her account that he gave her wine in restaurants before she turned 19, then the minimum drinking age in Alabama, claiming (falsely) that it was not possible because Etowah County was dry at the time. Regarding Gibson, who told the Post she dated Moore when she was 17, he said, "I know her, but don't remember going out on dates. I knew her as a friend. If we did go out on dates, then we did."

Last week, in two separate campaign appearances, Moore changed his story. "The allegations are completely false," he said on November 27 in Henagar. "They are malicious. Specifically, I do not know any of these women." He repeated that blanket denial on November 29 in Theodore: "I do not know any of these women, did not date any of these women, and have not engaged in any sexual misconduct with anyone."
-------
http://reason.com/blog/2017/12/06/the-harder-it-is-to-believe-roy-moore-th

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see any upside to defending Moore as a person, but defending the election process is something bigger than one person or events that happened decades ago.
He's pro gun. His Democratic opponent probably isn't. That's enough for me.

Plus, the Left will be seething..

170925-roy-moore-silver-revolver-ac-1028p_174d3c9ea036cda80c5a35264adaed76.jpg

Last edited:

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any bets on franken's memory re:his future resignation?

I'm thinking the narrative needs to be changed and his statement allows the pressed to shift to other things. Will he "remember it differently" in a few weeks?

Latest posts

Top Bottom