Demo-rats introduce "Assault Weapons Ban of 2018" bill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many people are simply uninformed about firearms. The definition of "assault weapons" and the so-called problem with high-capacity magazines is so much BS it's pitiful. They seem to get much of what they believe straight from the mouths of the media. How quickly they forget about the incidents in recent times where mas shootings were addressed successfully by armed civilians who had the guts to take matters in their own hands. I'm sick of hearing about it. I'm going to the range this morning.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well unfortunately I don't see this ending until they (liberals) get something. I predict that there will be a ban on bumpstocks,21 years of age to buy a rifle and some changes to NICS. Just my gut feelings...

I completely agree. These will be the least of it. I would even go so far as to say that NICS will change to eliminate the 3-day thing and people will have to have a PROCEED in order to purchase. Some states are going to go with the 10-round magazine restriction as well. There will be some federal changes and even more restrictions in the blue states.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We haven't heard a peep from the Democratic House or Senate leaders. They know that bringing up a gun control bill during an election year is suicide. This is nothing more than a feeble attempt to appease the Democrat base. Nothing but a dog n pony show.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm beginning to wonder if they really want a weapons ban at this point. When the mid-term election gets fired up, they can make hay touting that the GOP had the majority of Congress and the White House and "Nothing was done!!!".

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's funny, when politicians are under fire they work. Otherwise, business as usual-name calling, accusations, etc.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can you tell us what that rate is? I assume you mean an increase so what is the rate of increase please.

What does it matter? Every time it happens, we hear the same rhetoric; “more gun control...assault weapons...high cap magazines...ban guns...more restrictions...blah blah blah. Besides, the way I read it, he just said “at the rate it is...” not really discussing any increase necessarily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Things are different this time around. Big companies distancing themselves from the NRA has never happened before, either. The mood in this country is changing. We can't afford to be complacent these days.

That's ultimately going to backfire on them. Delta is on the brink of losing $50 MILLION dollars in tax cuts in Georgia, because they punished NRA members for something a madman did in Florida.

The NRA ranks will swell because they don't join for group discounts. They join because people like Sheriff Israel have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that not only do they not have a duty to protect people (as settled case law by SCOTUS), they won't even try in many cases. So when cowardly hypocrites like Israel say "it's not my job" to ensure some level of protection for the people, but they want you to give up your guns? THAT, is the face of the enemy of the Republic! :censored:

All these articles and stories you're seeing about the NRA losing ground, is a concerted propaganda effort by the leftists to actually make that happen. It isn't going to actually happen and in a few months, they'll be sitting around with their thumbs up their butts wondering how in the world they failed. The answer is because they're losers. Always have been, always will be.

Stay the course and don't cede ground. It's the only winning strategy.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What does it matter? Every time it happens, we hear the same rhetoric; “more gun control...assault weapons...high cap magazines...ban guns...more restrictions...blah blah blah. Besides, the way I read it, he just said “at the rate it is...” not really discussing any increase necessarily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats my point. This is nothing more than a shiny object.
The math says its a non issue of the bigger picture.

Latest posts

Top Bottom