Democrats Are Intent On Bankrupting US

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And then there is US who keep voting for the same politicians who talk out one side of their face and do the opposite. It’s not the Democrats, it’s the weak swamp dwelling Republicans who continue to bend over and take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Exactly. I am so tired of hearing folks say “it’s the democrats doing this or doing that”. It ain’t just them. It’s just like the republicans supporting most of the anti gun laws we have. People like to act like that never happened. Well it did. The whole lot of our government needs removed. Basically our entire federal government needs removed. Not just the politicians. Thierry is corruption everywhere. The swamp has infiltrated the FBI, CIA, ATF, NSA, IRS, etc. And they are all working to being the USA down. Sadly it’s working. This country will cease to exist the way we know it within 10 years.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the '90's when the Republicans took over Congress during Clinton's term, they passed term limits. Unfortunately, SCOTUS decided that setting term limits restricted the "free speech rights" of the citizenry should they want to keep a representative or senator beyond the limits of the term limit provisions. Thus, they ruled it unconstitutional.

I do not remember that and would certainly like to see a reference. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that, if properly written, a restriction on term limits could be implemented and deemed constitutional.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do not remember that and would certainly like to see a reference. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that, if properly written, a restriction on term limits could be implemented and deemed constitutional.

I stand corrected, perhaps. The term limits were done at the state level in order to limit representation for the representatives and senators from the states to Congress. It was NOT something passed by the U.S. congress and then challenged.

USTL, Inc. v. Thornton

The following is about the U.S. Congress attempt to pass term limits. In this case, the bill for an amendment to the Constitution did not pass in Congress.

Ballotpedia - Term Limits in the United States

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the '90's when the Republicans took over Congress during Clinton's term, they passed term limits. Unfortunately, SCOTUS decided that setting term limits restricted the "free speech rights" of the citizenry should they want to keep a representative or senator beyond the limits of the term limit provisions. Thus, they ruled it unconstitutional.

It needs to be put in the Constitution so that the Supreme Court won't be able to declare it unconstitutional. Putting it in the Constitution is the people saying that is what the people want. NOTE: We do not have free speech rights. We have freedom of speech. Free speech is not a right. If it were, a person could lie all they want and could not be held for perjury. A person is free to say whatever they want but can be held accountable for anything they might say.

Woody

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stand corrected, perhaps. The term limits were done at the state level in order to limit representation for the representatives and senators from the states to Congress. It was NOT something passed by the U.S. congress and then challenged.

USTL, Inc. v. Thornton

The following is about the U.S. Congress attempt to pass term limits. In this case, the bill for an amendment to the Constitution did not pass in Congress.

Ballotpedia - Term Limits in the United States

Perhaps, nothing. Separate issue. It needs to be a constitutional amendment, but it CAN be done.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think they should sell everything that all these rich demoncrap politicians own and put them on the border giving it out to all the illegals coming in that they love so much. That would be justice compared to how they sit on their fat asses in DC doing nothing but think up ways to steal money from the people that really work to make the country better.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Dims are pandering for the illegal vote if the vote by mail thing passes and I hope it doesn't. Illegals can already vote in comifornika. All one needs to register to vote in CA is a driver's license. All illegals are eligible for a drivers license in that state of hell.

PANDERING? - MORE LIKE BUYING THE VOTES

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/963084?ns_mail_uid=a4d9e8e0-0050-428c-b79d-38ffd9b5906c&ns_mail_job=DM105892_04042020&s=acs&dkt_nbr=010104in7oep&section=newsfront&keywords=us-virus-outbreak-california-immigrants&year=2020&month=04&date=15&id=963084
Calif. to Give Illegals $500 Each for Virus Relief
Wednesday, 15 Apr 2020 10:21 PM

...”Wednesday, Gov. Gavin Newsom announced he would spend $75 million of taxpayer money to create a Disaster Relief Fund for immigrants living in the country illegally.”...

...”A group of charities has committed to raising another $50 million for the fund from private donors, potentially offering benefits to another 100,000 people.”...

Latest posts

Top Bottom