Demonic' child throws 8-hour tantrum on Lufthansa flight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/...ntrum-on-lufthansa-flight-in-viral-video.html

Most frequent flyers have been seated near a crying toddler at some point during their travels, but very few have been forced to endure the same “nightmare” as Shane Townley.

Townley, an artist from New York City, was one of the unlucky passengers who shared an 8-hour Lufthansa flight from Germany to New Jersey with a “demonic” tantrum-throwing child who screamed throughout the whole trip, according to viral footage Townley shared on YouTube.
“Watch as this kid runs and screams throughout the entire flight while the mother does little to nothing to stop him,” wrote Townley. “[Three]-year-old on a 8-hour flight from Germany to Newark NJ. He never quits!”

In Townley’s video, which has since amassed nearly 1 million views on YouTube, the young boy can be seen screaming, crying and standing up in his seat before the plane even departs. And just before takeoff, Townley said the child’s tantrum took a turn for the “demonic.”

a57.foxnews.com_images.foxnews.com_content_fox_news_travel_201987d170494775c90cdfed3d10a308574.jpg

The child was allegedly screaming, running free, and occasionally climbing on the seats during the entire 8-hour flight. (Newsflare)

The boy’s mother allegedly tried to calm her son with an iPad, but a flight attendant can be heard telling the woman that the plane’s WiFi wasn’t available prior to takeoff.

At around an hour into the flight, a passenger in Shane’s video can be seen covering her ears as the child continues to scream and run around the plane. The rest of the footage documents the child’s bloodcurdling cries for each of the following seven hours, along with the boy’s subsequent screaming fit upon landing.

A source for the DailyMail suggested that the child may suffer from a disability which may have contributed to his in-flight behavior, but it's unknown whether that's the actual case.

a57.foxnews.com_images.foxnews.com_content_fox_news_travel_201e267b8e150ce5337234259b420ad6621.jpg

A still from Townley's video shows a passenger covering her ears as the boy runs by screaming. (Newsflare)

“That was a nightmare,” one of the passengers can be heard saying while disembarking the aircraft. “Eight hours of screaming.”

Townley has since confirmed to U.K.'s DailyMail that he had not filed a complaint with the airline concerning the incident, which took place in Aug. 2017.

Lufthansa, too, has stated the rest of the passengers were “understanding of the situation.”

“Our crew worked around-the-clock to de-escalate the situation, tend to all passengers and assist the mother,” the airline told DailyMail. The airline declined further comments due to the “individual’s medical privacy.”

I'd probably have "accidently" tripped or drugged the kid and then berated the parents in front of everyone. Get your spawn under control. We need more businesses with "no child" policies

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one problem like this happen to me on a flight to Southern Claifornia. I think 1988 or 89...way before TSA and all the security they have now days.

Any ways...I don't like to fly but after I take my vitamin J(Jack Daniels) I'm an easy flyer...nervous but easy...as long as the drinks keep coming.

There was a kid...oh..about.8 or 9 years old sitting behind me. Next to the kid was his dad and next to the dad..by the window seat was mom.

They kept letting..or didn't care....letting their kid kick my seat.

I had enough and yelled at the kid. I jumped up and yelled at the kid...

"If you don't stop kicking my seat...I'm going to whip your dad's ass here and now".

After my very loud chat with junior....the rest of the flight was quite enjoyable!!!

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember a episode when I was around 8 to 10, I got a little unruly in church with my Mom.

Well she did not make a scene at church, but when we got home, she pulled down my pants and wailed my bare bottom with a leather belt!

I cant say it done any good, but I am still here many years later telling you about it!

Had my share of cracks in school too!

Out of all the cracks I recieved in school, as a adult now, there is one that I really do not agree with to this day, (I kicked a volley ball while in gym class and got lit up for it!!!)!

I am gonna go out on a limb and say millions of children had their buns warmed up long before I came to be alive, and they survived too!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know how I would have reacted to that situation where I had paid to have a peaceful flight. I would demand a full refund or at least a voucher.
Passengers on public transportation deserve the right to get to their destination without distractions.
If the brat were a little older as an adult, they would be taken down by crew and passengers and duct taped to their seat. The aircraft would be diverted to the nearest airport with the disrupter arrested upon landing.
You can’t tape a kid to a seat, but the poor parenting in evidence should have resulted in a landing with the parent and child removed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom