Denied on ar15 lower.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They dont really look into denials....which is kinda crazy to me.

View attachment 223711

If it was about public safety, they'd investigate more denials. Sounds like they're just trying to make it more difficult or deter people for no good reason.
Specially, if you last name is Biden?

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got a shipped rifle a few days ago at a pawn shop and got an immediate OK on my written app -- then went directly to Walmart and my buddy bought one and did their computer input app and got delayed -- no logic except the computer app might require human review???

Reaction score
When I was in the USN in San Diego I was assigned shore patrol on another base. I got stopped by a cop and charged with a felony because of a nightstick in the trunk, spent 3 days over a weekend in the felony tank which was a looney bin. It was dropped to misdemeanor but still causes a delay every single time on a background check. This was 70’s when it happened.

I got a upin several decades ago and have never been delayed using it. I used it a lot for a couple of decades or so. I do know them being backed up can cause a delay upin or no

At one time I lost it and got delayed (about 10 years ago) so requested to have it resent and no more delays.

the moral of the story is stay out of ca, couldn’t drag me back.

Someone in OK with my name is on the “bad” list because at the tag office doing license stuff they get a flag to call and double check me. No idea where they call but sometimes takes a while.

Last edited:

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can check and verify, but I am also an FFL and the one time I ran a NICS check on myself, they verbally gigged me on my inspection.
Said that there was no reason for it since I was an FFL.
Still have to put it in the book but log it out as "transfer to owner"

Dave
You can check and verify, but I am also an FFL and the one time I ran a NICS check on myself, they verbally gigged me on my inspection.
Said that there was no reason for it since I was an FFL.
Still have to put it in the book but log it out as "transfer to owner"

Dave
I’m going to start doing as you suggested, a lot less hassle for myself and the NICS folks.

Almost Jack Burton

Not the real Jack Burton but close.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most gunshops will release after 3 days. Just have to call and see. Also a bit of FYI Academy won't release until Brady Date or the Crown calls with the procede.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m going to start doing as you suggested, a lot less hassle for myself and the NICS folks.
Just remember to keep an inventory list of what you transfer to yourself.
I believe that the regs require you to transfer it back to yourself in your book if you sell it in under 1 year.
Personally, I keep a log and transfer it back to myself and inventory "IN" for any that I might sell that I got via direct transfer.

Dave

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most gunshops will release after 3 days. Just have to call and see. Also a bit of FYI Academy won't release until Brady Date or the Crown calls with the procede.

3 business days and 'brady date' are the same thing.

https://www.atf.gov/file/61086/download

Some places REQUIRE a proceed. A month goes by and no proceed? No sale.

Bass Pro, Cabelas, Walmart, CMP are some.

Latest posts

Top Bottom