Denny's tonight, not bad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wifey wanted to go to Denny's tonight for dinner. Not my first choice but OK. I ordered their Bourbon Chicken Skillet and I have to say I really liked it. Could have used more veggies and less potatoes but it was very good, and filling.

It was good enough as soon as I came home I looked up the recipe. I think the sauce would be great on a lot of things. Grilled pork chops, smoked sausage on a bed of brown rice or barley. I will be playing with this. Might even be good on ribs.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got drug into an IHOP on Thursday evening of last week. We hadn't been to one in at least a decade. I ended up ordering the chicken fried steak & eggs with hash browns. I left very happy with a full belly. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was, especially for the price.

Thanks for the info on Denny's. I hadn't been to one in ages, but Bourbon Chicken Skillet sounds pretty good. I remember around 15-20 years ago we used to go to the Denny's off of I-40 and Mustang Road (no longer there) and I was hooked on their Breakfast Dagwood sandwiches. Isn't it funny how one can remember a sandwich they would order 20 years ago, but my girlfriend gets angry with me because I can't remember her sister's birthday.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got drug into an IHOP on Thursday evening of last week. We hadn't been to one in at least a decade. I ended up ordering the chicken fried steak & eggs with hash browns. I left very happy with a full belly. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was, especially for the price.

Thanks for the info on Denny's. I hadn't been to one in ages, but Bourbon Chicken Skillet sounds pretty good. I remember around 15-20 years ago we used to go to the Denny's off of I-40 and Mustang Road (no longer there) and I was hooked on their Breakfast Dagwood sandwiches. Isn't it funny how one can remember a sandwich they would order 20 years ago, but my girlfriend gets angry with me because I can't remember her sister's birthday.

It’s not even important to remember your wife’s sisters bday.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meh...

...Denny's or IHOP either one are a go-to establishment when we are working our Summer gigs. Meals out aren't a normal thing with staying in hotels, and since the Dempanic, the hotels have largely quit serving breakfasts. Thus, I occasionally JUST HAVE to have a good breakfast fix.

Latest posts

Top Bottom