Dent and ding gun safe.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I had looked at some of those. Seems like you can buy a large closet for a safe without spending much more than a good quality gunsafe. If I had the room I would get one of those.
If you were to get a 6x6 or 6x8 remember it can be a vault and have plenty of room leftover for them swirly winds that might come through. The actual footprint is basically like 4ish inches on each side, so in total for that 6x6 slice of garage you only lose around 1/2 foot on each axis, so on a 6x8 you wind up with 5.5x7.5 useable.

Plus the top of it can work as a shelf for additional storage, so one could argue that you gain space too.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I have heard a couple theory's on bolting them down. If they are bolted down that makes it easier for them to pry it open because it won't move around while they apply leverage. Thieves are thieves. :anyone:
Buy a great big one. So big you have to take out the door frame to get it inside. Then rebuild the door frame in steel. Then put yer guns inside and weld the door shut. Poof, yer done. Seriously, there is never any way to keep a dishonest person away from your valuables. Just make it a hardened target with the best security measures you can afford, and USE THEM.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I have heard a couple theory's on bolting them down. If they are bolted down that makes it easier for them to pry it open because it won't move around while they apply leverage. Thieves are thieves. :anyone:
It’s actually the opposite, you get more leverage and access by tipping it over with the door up. It should be bolted down next to walls on at least two sides. Hard to pry open if you can’t get pry bars in opposite of the hinge. Also harder to pry when you can’t use your own weight.

Go to about 2:40 much harder if it was bolted down next to a wall or two. Especially opposite the hinge size.

If it’s not bolted down you can just take it out with a dolly, you just need a better dolly for the heavier ones ;)

Last edited:

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Both of my safes are Bear safes. I have had them for years and they are top quality and made right here in Oklahoma. Oklahoma City to be exact. At the time I bought mine, they had a lifetime, 100 percent trade in value if you decide to upgrade to a larger more expensive safe. Not sure if they still offer this though after all these years.

https://bearsafes.com/

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Rating - 98.7%
77   1   0
Both of my safes are Bear safes. I have had them for years and they are top quality and made right here in Oklahoma. Oklahoma City to be exact. At the time I bought mine, they had a lifetime, 100 percent trade in value if you decide to upgrade to a larger more expensive safe. Not sure if they still offer this though after all these years.

https://bearsafes.com/

Where are the locking bolts??

Attachments

• 8291DF11-3375-40E2-934B-951048561778.jpeg
    8291DF11-3375-40E2-934B-951048561778.jpeg
    349.7 KB · Views: 0