Deputy assigned to Florida school 'never went in' during shooting, sheriff says

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking the sheriff may be deflecting the blame a little here. Pre Columbine LEO's were trained to hold perimeter and wait for SWAT and not enter. Deputy Peterson is definitely from this era. After Columbine there has been a massive fed funded push to get officers across the country trained to not wait. The ALERRT program tactics has been proven effective in numerous shootings and it's free.
The question is, Was he trained, and if not, WHY?
I've got several friends out that way, one retired from Broward county. They claim Broward has not sent any deputies through ALERRT out of fear of offending the populace. The sheriff may talk a good game but if he blocked officers, especially his SRO's from getting free training to address active shooters his career should be over also...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I find it funny how the same media that lies and puts out negative slants on guns (maybe not Fox but its no secret they lie) that yall get so riled up about, is the same group vilifying this man without any real facts as of yet and your all eating it up like fat kid in an ice cream shop on double coupon day. There are so many un knowns still and you have passed judgement based on a Fox news story... LOL.
Hypocrite much?

It is funny Henry, I have been following this thread all day and everyone has up to this point engaged and entered into discussion!! You get on here and instead of entering into said discussion you go straight into name calling!! Tends to make one wonder what your motivation is .

Latest posts

Top Bottom