Deputy assigned to Florida school 'never went in' during shooting, sheriff says

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
apparently the entire department is manned by corrupt cowards. from turning a blind eye to assaults, robberies, thefts, and other real crimes committed by students and concealing stolen property, to now hiding from a lone gunman. 4 deputies just hid outside. the saying about a few bad apples definitely applies in that county.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good question, but it's the wrong standard of judgment. He wasn't a regular Joe; he was a sworn police officer. Even off-duty, he's held to higher standards. In this case, he wasn't even off-duty.

Oh I agree. I wasn't talking about HIM in this case... I was kinda meaning us, as in MEN, or as in general society, laypeople. We don't have a DUTY to act, as he did, but some of us feel a moral obligation to stand up against evil in whatever way we can.

You know what is really cool? Whoever you guys are replying to, I can't see what they are posting, must be on my "ignore list", pretty awesome as it seems they are doing what I put them on the list for!!

Absolutely, man! I've noticed this a good bit, since I've got several of our frequent s***-disturbers on /i, so I've gotten kinda used to it. However, one of the responses did let me know who they were talking to, our resident racist POS (my opinion, of course, lol). Shoulda been permabanned for his racist s*** years ago.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
apparently the entire department is manned by corrupt cowards. from turning a blind eye to assaults, robberies, thefts, and other real crimes committed by students and concealing stolen property, to now hiding from a lone gunman. 4 deputies just hid outside. the saying about a few bad apples definitely applies in that county.

Yeah, here's your article..........what a bunch of manginas.................

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...-waited-outside-douglas-high-school-shooting/

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having been a school board member in the past (yeah, I know - one of those dang politicians), I can attest that schools do their best to keep their student attendance at as high of a level as possible; all to benefit the school's funding, especially from the federal government. I cannot speak to whether that is the case with the schools in Florida at this time, but if it is true, I can certainly see why the school district would try to get the law enforcement agencies to "overlook" crimes.

If such is happening, school administrators, possibly school board members, and law enforcement officials need to be investigated to see if they have been guilty of any crimes. If not criminal, then they need to lose their jobs.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking the sheriff may be deflecting the blame a little here. Pre Columbine LEO's were trained to hold perimeter and wait for SWAT and not enter. Deputy Peterson is definitely from this era. After Columbine there has been a massive fed funded push to get officers across the country trained to not wait. The ALERRT program tactics has been proven effective in numerous shootings and it's free.
The question is, Was he trained, and if not, WHY?
I've got several friends out that way, one retired from Broward county. They claim Broward has not sent any deputies through ALERRT out of fear of offending the populace. The sheriff may talk a good game but if he blocked officers, especially his SRO's from getting free training to address active shooters his career should be over also...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

It would be difficult in my opinion, for them to hold their breath while their heads were buried in the sand for 18 years! :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom