Deputy Sheriff killed in car crash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every officer out there on this board ought to take notice -- make copies of your maintenance logs and keep a running log of every time you ask for and are refused equipment or service by your department's brass or garage. Make sure your family has a copy of this log. It's important. It may mean the difference in them receiving the benefits you had worked so hard for them to have, God forbid it ever comes to that, and the department telling them to go pound sand.

Hopefully, Sheriff Choate will do the right thing.

This x eleventy-billion.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sad. RIP to Deputy Allford

I'm definitely NOT saying this is the case in this instance, but a lot of officers don't wear their safety restraints. They are afraid of being trapped in a rear-end fire, saving time jumping out during a pursuit or trying to exit the vehicle quickly in the event of ambush. I have seen it over and over. My stepdad was LE for 15 years and would NOT wear a seatbelt, ever. Even in his pov. I have known of and seen a good number of officers that were of this mindset. It might not have even helped in the case with the belt or not.

I hope and pray for his family whatever the case.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sad. RIP to Deputy Allford

I'm definitely NOT saying this is the case in this instance, but a lot of officers don't wear their safety restraints. They are afraid of being trapped in a rear-end fire, saving time jumping out during a pursuit or trying to exit the vehicle quickly in the event of ambush. I have seen it over and over. My stepdad was LE for 15 years and would NOT wear a seatbelt, ever. Even in his pov. I have known of and seen a good number of officers that were of this mindset. It might not have even helped in the case with the belt or not.

I hope and pray for his family whatever the case.
I've heard more than one officer say that he's never taken a seatbelt off a dead man. Wear your seatbelt.When I reviewed this comment it seemed insinsitive. Look, just wear your damn seatbelt.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The last two county cars I rode in, one had a tire so bad that the thread was showing through. I offered to take the Deputy to a tire store and buy a new one. His reply. It's OK, the sheriff will get around to fixing it sooner or later. I asked about changing to the spare. "Don't have one". The other car was very hit and miss on reverse. You have to plan how you parked very carefully. The windshield was also broke. If Oklahoma still had inspection stickers and their requirements, neither of these would have passed.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The last two county cars I rode in, one had a tire so bad that the thread was showing through. I offered to take the Deputy to a tire store and buy a new one. His reply. It's OK, the sheriff will get around to fixing it sooner or later. I asked about changing to the spare. "Don't have one". The other car was very hit and miss on reverse. You have to plan how you parked very carefully. The windshield was also broke. If Oklahoma still had inspection stickers and their requirements, neither of these would have passed.

This isn't rare either and that is ridiculous.

Latest posts

Top Bottom