Deputy Sheriff killed in car crash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've worked on many state, county and city cars in the past and I would have to say that most of the time it was the county cars and smaller depts that were in the worst shape, mainly the smaller counties and citys away from metro areas. A lot of bald tires, bad tires, worn susp and steering parts, brake problems, not to count things like a/c, elec accessories, lamps, and body work etc. I've heard of a few deputies that paid for their own repairs in hopes of being reimbursed eventually. They paid for repairs because they needed their vehicles fixed now and their wasn't a prompt way for the dept to pay for repairs. Its sad but probably a reality in a lot of places.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If an officer is called to my home for a home invasion and he is attempting to get there on bald ass tires in the rain it's going to take a lot longer than it should and he may wreck on the way there.

Is there anything that we can do as Joe Public to scream loud enough to get the officers' vehicles into an acceptable condition? is there a news station in OK that does "Team 2 Investigates" type of stuff? Can we get them to drive around and inspect 100 police cars at random and see what they find?

One guy died because of it. What else has to happen?

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've worked on many state, county and city cars in the past and I would have to say that most of the time it was the county cars and smaller depts that were in the worst shape, mainly the smaller counties and citys away from metro areas. A lot of bald tires, bad tires, worn susp and steering parts, brake problems, not to count things like a/c, elec accessories, lamps, and body work etc. I've heard of a few deputies that paid for their own repairs in hopes of being reimbursed eventually. They paid for repairs because they needed their vehicles fixed now and their wasn't a prompt way for the dept to pay for repairs. Its sad but probably a reality in a lot of places.

Some of the electrical stuff could be due to "lowest bidder" requirements. Heard of lights/sirens/radio/cam installed with twisted wires - no nuts, no tape, no solder, just loose.

Driller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I passed this man on Hwy 48 numerous times when I was working over there a few weeks ago. Rest in peace, Sir and may God comfort and watch over your family.

Putting an LEO on the road with a defective vehicle is the same to me as issuing them faulty weapons, ammo or radios. The job is dangerous enough without not making sure the basics are taken care of properly. I know funding is always an issue but this is basic stuff.

Bluewing

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My prayers to this man and his family and also to all the good men and women that go to work and enforce the laws of our country.

I have always voted for any tax increase that went to support our LEO.
To often some of it gets spent some other way. freekin politics.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LEO or not, you are not required to operate unsafe equipment. Just say no and contact OSHA.

While I know this is true that is also a really good way to be a nomad. You will get a bad reputation among dept brass quickly for involving OSHA.

Do departments not have PM schedules to keep their equipment functioning properly? Hell I helped get a Stanley Steemer organized before and even they were on top of their equipment maintenance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom