Derps will give up everything to the gov at some point.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/10/29/why-america-needs-hate-speech-law/

https://www.campaignforfreespeech.org/free-speech-under-dire-threat-polling-finds/

https://pjmedia.com/trending/poll-majority-of-americans-want-increased-restrictions-on-free-speech/

It makes me sad that people are willing to give up their freedoms for a perceived slight. If you don't like something it's simple enough to ignore it. For instance there is a jerk or two I have on ignore even here. But to give up your freedom to the government is so freaking stupid it's crazy.

BTW the last link is spot on. Too bad other people can't grasp the idea that power corrupts, just look at what SF,CA is doing. If the gov gets to make a decision on what is hate speech 2A will become even more important.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sad indeed. :/

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
[Benjamin Franklin]

To give it up for nothing is just dumber than a stump.
:drunk2:

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And who will be the ones prosecuted for "hate speech" violations? There is one demographic that this is aimed towards, the one demographic that is now fashionable to belittle, marginalize, and ridicule. Anyone with any common sense knows that any definition of "hate speech" will be a moving target, depending on who says it. Kind of like "hate crimes" laws, they are predominantly aimed at one demographic, and are seldom applied to any other. The ******** needs to stop. "Hate crimes" laws are stupid (a crime is a crime, motivation be damned), and "hate speech" laws would be unconstitutional.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And this is not new? In discussion both in person and online, I've been called about every name in the book (racist, homophobe, etc.) when the other people don't like what I say. Now they just want to codify it into law. They can't "prove" me what that "call" me, so they want a law to do what they intelligently can't do.

(Intelligently can't do? Did I really type that?)

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How freedom of speech/press/religion got into the bill of rights in the first place is kind of bewildering to me. Of the first 10 amendments, the 1st amendment was most controversial and MANY of the founding fathers were not happy with the way it was written.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Teach kids not to say something and it won't work. I read the other day that some school in NYC were teaching students to be ashamed of being White and their privileges. Tell a poor White kid they should be ashamed of being White and their privileges, I myself was at the bottom of the social scale and the other wealthy kids were teachers pets, I was poor and hungry most of the time, lived in a shack but that was my privilege. Same thing can be said for Black kids who are poor, they are at the bottom as well compared to other Black kids with both parents and a nice home.
New York school tells white kids they should be ashamed of ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom