Describe your hunting lease/land

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Damn! If you owned that it must have been a difficult thing to sell. Seems like some prime hunting property.

I would not have sold it if it were mine. Was owned by a relative. There have been some nice ones taken over the years. Not as productive in recent years due to farming practices up and down the valley changing. Seeing lower total count through the season but better quality, generally speaking.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
B8296769-8E81-44FA-B1E7-D51D6C6D501A.png
I’ve had my lease for 15 years on a handshake. The owners know they could get more but we take care of the place and help them out when we can. In return they keep the price down for us. It’s 480 acres with 160 of it just CRP. They turn the cattle out on it during the hunting season so we can concentrate on the deer. I don’t have the NE quarter. All the spots are stands

Sampson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I owe two spots and lease another 2500 acres. The first place is less then 80 acres and we run our cattle on it year around. It does occasionally produce some good bucks. This farm consist of mostly oaks and cedar trees with half in open pasture. I have done some land management on it but no food plots, just one feeder for the kids to hunt. This one was killed on the small farm.
ed25663e4c85e67dc9d1966b98257b4c.jpg

The second farm is just over 100 acres and is 2 Plus hours from the house. I have done a lot of land management to this one with one 2 acre food plot, along with planting trees. It is the main place and is where we camp while hunting the deer lease as they are close to each other. These two locations are in western Oklahoma and generally has much drier ground. They also produce some really nice deer each year. Every year a new hunter or two kills their first deer on my farms or my lease. My kids love to hunt and our entire family enjoys deer camp.
e49074ab7227762d14d7769f6d28b2c4.jpg

I have some new hunters coming in for the youth hunt this year and they should do really well as we are seeing good numbers of deer and several decent bucks.
Good thread idea, I am always interested in what other hunters and land managers are doing on their places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
6D45B9A0-D47D-43A9-A74D-BEAB15D8915D.jpeg
1E33DDB6-E608-46DD-92A3-6B703B31A423.jpeg

Here are two of my stand locations. Top is over a summer food plot. 28 yds to the feeder, and a nasty weather box blind behind the tree on the left.

Bottom is my favorite stand. Soybeans on the left, creek behind me. 22 yds to the feeder and 45 to the pop up on the opposite side.

760 continuous acres with two live, year round creeks and three ponds. About 350 acres of crop land, usually wheat but a couple hundred acres of soybeans this year. The rest is either native pasture and trees along the creeks. No oaks whatsoever. Some black walnuts and I have found some hickory nuts but in 2 years, I still haven’t found the tree.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good buck! I mean stud! I hope you can work something out.
Well. We're out unless we want to pay to lease it. I have no experience leasing hunting land. I saw some info stating $6-10/acre as a going rate but I can't afford $6000-$10000 to hunt deer a couple of weekends a year. Does any one have experience leasing "per gun"?

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well. We're out unless we want to pay to lease it. I have no experience leasing hunting land. I saw some info stating $6-10/acre as a going rate but I can't afford $6000-$10000 to hunt deer a couple of weekends a year. Does any one have experience leasing "per gun"?

There was a couple guys posting openings on “hunting clubs” on this board a while back, but as far as experience with them, I have none.

Personally, I’m picky about who I hunt with or even around, so I would have a hard time getting on a lease/hunting club with people I don’t know. Most everyone I know that hunts are on leased property, and it works for them.

The other option is “day leases”, but again, I have no experience with or know of any in OK.

I’m sorry to hear about your situation and hope you can find another place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom