Designation For AR-15/M-16 Bayonet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was thinking of getting a bayonet to go with my new build and am trying to track down what to look for? Is there a designation for one like the M-9 I keep seeing? Unfortunately none of the ads say compatible with an AR pattern rifle, so hence my question.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
M9 is the current one. M7 for the A1. Cross compatable. If you have a carbine gas sys and a 16in barrel, its not going to fit properly though
Just figured that out, I don't have a lug on my rifle so no go unless there is something MLok that will replace it. Any suggestions?

PXL_20221221_225920446.jpg

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yet another post that reminds me of all the military history that I had in front of me at one point and couldn't care less (at the time).

From 1998-2000 I worked in our company's armory. I had literally 180+ M7 bayonets and M8 scabbards on hand because we still carried them out into the field. Same with the Ka-Bars...I had at least 35 that were old Camillus or Ontario, and were probably WWII to Vietnam vintage. Aside from making sure they were rust free, we abused the crap out of them, and were only too happy to get to replace one that had a broken tip with a new knife or bayonet.

^ After seeing what those darn fighting knives were bringing a couple years ago, I wish that I would have bought a dozen Ka-Bars from the PX and just swapped them out for those old war horses.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom