Dewalt Circular Saw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I use a 5ah on the Dewalt Chain Saw. The 2ah don't last very long at all for something with that big of a motor.
I stumbled on to these clones awhile back. They are the real deal.
Yes that was my first battery, drill, charger combo. I’ve got a 4 amp too.
As far as batteries go I buy the 2 for $60 and they run for hours.

I have at least a dozen and had one fail, I loaned my saw out and my next door neighbor she brought it back leaking, believe she dropped it, It was a couple years old so I just gave her a new battery and pitched the old.

How many cuts? My use I could run it all day but that doesn’t matter slap another battery in and rock on.

Sure is nice knowing no electric, no problem. Quite and fast cleanups

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
You guys have way better luck with battery powered tools than I do.
I hate them.
I own 1 cordless drill and it was cheap under 40 for drill battery and charger Black and Decker 20 volt lithium.
Frame is busted but still works after many years but I usually reach for corded Milwaukee drills.

The price people pay for cordless is ridiculous and to me it's like paying 300 for a box of primers.

I suppose for small projects they will work.
like @dlbleak stated see if you can wait for a deal.
If I was forced to by cordless I would take that path.

My 4000 watt peak 2000 continuous inverter runs all my corded tools and my welder.
Cheaper than cordless tools for me.

I have dewalt chargers and dead batteries and busted dewalt drills people gave me.
Scrap pile.

That's the problem, you were tainted right off the bat...Black and Decker is absolute crap.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Battery technology has come leaps and bounds in the last 5 years. Still have to buy on the top end to get the good stuff though.
I keep one of the Milwaukee compact impact drills in my field tool box. There are stretches that I use it every day on small stuff. In five years, I may have swapped out the battery 4 times.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I long ago committed to Ryobi for cordless tools. Have several along with batteries and chargers. Don't really want to start down another road, but it is a hell of a deal.
Likewise here, but also used Dewalt tools at work, and was quite happy that I chose the Ryobi tools for my personal use. We had to replace the circular saws and angle grinders fairly frequently.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
You guys have way better luck with battery powered tools than I do.
I hate them.
I own 1 cordless drill and it was cheap under 40 for drill battery and charger Black and Decker 20 volt lithium.
Frame is busted but still works after many years but I usually reach for corded Milwaukee drills.

The price people pay for cordless is ridiculous and to me it's like paying 300 for a box of primers.

I suppose for small projects they will work.
like @dlbleak stated see if you can wait for a deal.
If I was forced to by cordless I would take that path.

My 4000 watt peak 2000 continuous inverter runs all my corded tools and my welder.
Cheaper than cordless tools for me.

I have dewalt chargers and dead batteries and busted dewalt drills people gave me.
Scrap pile.
Just about every commercial contractor has more Dewalt, Milwaukee and Ridgid cordless tools than corded. The corded tools are for bigger things like table saws and huge impact tools now.
I’m all m12, have around 8 tools and those
Little things blow away the 18v dewalts
I used to have and they’re incredibly light. A joy on a ladder
Werd. The M12 line is what changed the tool world. The M12 basically started it all.

If you take a look, lately Dewalt has brought out a smaller lighter version of their 20V tools to try to compete with the M12 but they don't have near the variety yet. Dewalt has made up some ground with their batteries but Milwaukee seems to always stay a step ahead. Dewalt does have a new type of 20V battery that's flatter and lighter, it'll be interesting to see if they are able to match the older type but they are very pricey at the moment.

I still have my Ridgid 18V drill and impact driver set and it's been a great set, but I usually grab the M12 hammer drill. It will do anything I need to do and then some.

Woodman 59

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking for a new cordless circular saw and ran across this deal. Right now, at Lowes, if you buy a 6 1/2" Dewalt cordless saw at an already discounted price ($129), you get a 5 amp hour battery free! The battery itself sells for $179, so it's like buying the battery cheap and getting the saw for free. I just bought one awhile ago and couldn't be happier!

https://www.lowes.com/pd/DEWALT-20-...lar-Saw-with-Brake-and-Magnesium-Shoe/3962443
FYI the Black&Decker battery will work when you need to replace the batteries. I have had my Dewalt for 4 years holding up very well.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
137   0   0
This is Amazon's Lightning Deal today

Summer projects, here you come! The Dewalt 20V Max Cordless Drill 3-Tool Kit is 39% off at Amazon.com: Treasure Truck from Treasure Truck.

https://www.amazon.com/tt/webview?tag=forumyield-20
Screenshot_20220619-100537.png

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   1
Looks like I bought in on the cordless too soon. 20+ years ago and decided they were crap.
Friends giving me their busted dewalt 18 volt junk in the last 5 years made me think it was all junk.
they were.

now you can get battery powered weed eaters that have more torque than a gas powered one.
i've got a kobalt cordless impact that i swear to God i have used probably ~20 times over the last THREE YEARS working on random autos (i do not use it very often, it's one of those "only when i need it" tools for whatever reason) and i SWEAR the battery is still full.

it's been in my garage. it's extremely hot; it's extremely cold. went thru the insane cold snap we had when it was like -16° or whatever for like four straight days. it's been in there for at least two hot summers.

i pick the thing up, pull the trigger, it spins, i use it, i hit the battery gauge checker.....two lights.....

it's been 3 FRIGGIN YEARS. these things are legit now.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Looks like I bought in on the cordless too soon. 20+ years ago and decided they were crap.
Friends giving me their busted dewalt 18 volt junk in the last 5 years made me think it was all junk.
I got a Stanley cordless combo kit as a gift years ago. I had the same impression as you.

The little circular saw was good for maybe 4 cuts across a sheet of plywood depending on thickness and then battery was toast. The drill just didn't last long enough driving deck screws to be usable when putting up a new fence and on top of that it's max speed was pretty slow so it sucked as a drill too. I promise you things have changed a whole lot!

Latest posts

Top Bottom