Dewalt just landed on my poopy list

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigdawg90

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been a Porter Cable guy, then a Rigid guy, and after those two brands took a big bathroom break I started buying Dewalt.

Just picked up a nice table saw after my Porter Cable finally went after 12 years.

The saw looked great. Cut like crap. Thought it was me. Went through 1/4 sheet of plywood trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.

Figured out it wasn’t me, the blade was out of square. Looked square, but would wiggle when power was on. Followed the manual but wouldn’t stay Square. Had to take the entire saw apart to tighten the internal adjustment method.

2 hours later my saw will actually cut. Sure I’d expect this on Ryobi, but if I’m paying a premium I expect premium assembly. Just had to vent. Lol. It feels like nothing is assembled properly anymore. I had to figure it out myself because DeWALT was “experiencing higher than normal call volume.” Haha……..sure.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In a way you're really buying a tool in name only, because so many brands have been bought up by just a few players. Doesn't mean that all the tools are made in the same factory.

https://www.protoolreviews.com/powe...DeWalt are,company owns many brands, however.
1683144795423.png

Last edited:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a couple of Porter Cable. My router I got in High School. Still going strong.
Majority are DeWalt. Have no problems or complaints.
Bought a Hitachi miter saw on clearance. It is awesome.
Table saw is a 220V Craftsman. About 40 years old. No idea of the manufacturer, but it will slice railroad ties. Have considered selling, because of power, I can't seem to let it go.

Bigdawg90

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All of my light use stuff is Ryobi. Almost all of my cordless stuff is rigid because I got in early with lifetime warranty on their batteries :)

Yeah. Porter Cable used to be cheaper Dewalt. That’s why I used to buy them. I feel like as soon as they went into Costco their stuff began looking super cheap. I still have the circular saw from the same time. Beefy thing. FIL just bought one. Cheap as can be.

I bought Dewalt based on another contractor buddy’s suggestion over the Metabo and Grizzly.

I wanted to be able to start using a dado blade but wanted a mobile platform.

It was just so frustrating that it was as two little bolts that weren’t secured properly before assembly. Now it’s a beast.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guess I have a mix of power tools. Dewalt to Ryobi, Craftsman, and a half dozen more.
It all depends on how much I anticipate using that tool which makes up my mind on which to buy and how much to spend.
Heavy use, Milwaukee or Rigid.
Mid use, Dewalt, Ryobi.
Light use, Craftsman or Harbor Freight.
Actually, I could probably put the Hercule's brand at Harbor Freight on the mid use or maybe the heavy use. I'd used a Milwaukee 4.5" angle grinder for years that smoked one day. Needed to finish the project and bought the Hercules branded grinder. It weighed 1/2 more than the Milwaukee but man it was powerful and came with a spare set of brushes. More weight equal's more windings on the motor IMHO which makes it a better motor. Everything else is aluminum.
I've abused that tool and it keeps running.

Latest posts

Top Bottom