DHS responds to 1.6 billion ammo buy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They claim it is all for legit training purposes. They say that DHS uses about 15 million rounds in a year. OK, no problem. Saving money with large quantity purchases is good right?
Oh, hold on a sec. Let me crunch that number.....
15 million in one year. 1.6 billion.

that's 100 years worth of ammo.

http://news.yahoo.com/homeland-security-cache-bullets-190840538.html

david04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard that they do practice with hollow-point ammo. This is a multi-year sourcing contract. My guess is it means nothing.
Sometmes a cigar is just a cigar

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought that there was some research that had been done and it turns out the numbers for this were inflated because the numbers on the purchase orders were misunderstood.

Has DHS actually confirmed that they are buying 1.6 billion rounds? In this article it seems like the response is that the ammo is for training related purposes but it doesn't get specific about the amount.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't believe it is just a coincidence. Did they get this much ammo the last 5 years? How much each year in those 5 years did they get per year? And isn't DHS on some sort of a budget? If so, then why would you buy hollow points? Pretty scary stuff.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DHS is actually buying Trillions of rounds of ammunition.
Enough for every alien life form in the galaxy.

That's why the ammo shelves are bare.
The ammo manufacturers are producing ammo exclusively for DHS on an emergency contract.

Scary stuff indeed.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wha it appears like to me if the government trying to buy up the majority of ammo that would normally hit the shelves at stores for citizen purchase. If we have no ammo how to we fight back with the guns we do still have? I'll be watching this as it goes cause I'm not buying their BS excuses for the massive ammo purchases. Everyone understands they need it for line of duty & range time but this is excessive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom