DHS responds to 1.6 billion ammo buy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok...

If you guys go here you can see an example of one of the actual bid sheets from the latest news story where people are saying that now DHS is buying an additional 21.6 million rounds.

https://marketplace.fedbid.com/fbwe...q5Ajq+RH6QAAAAAHeAAgAgTFCGg/FzzqQbJAAyVXBA0Or

There is a link within the file that has the actual PDF file from the .gov with the same details... it even has a contact name and number.

What concerns me is that when you look at the bid sheet, it pretty clearly spells out that the quantities are NOT for the huge amounts that infowars and others are claiming. For example, when it uses the language below:

Commercial Leaded Training Ammo (CLTA) Pistol Cartridge .40 caliber 165 Grain, jacketed Hollow point(Jhp) p/n P40HSTS3G OR EQUAL. BRASS CASING 100,000 ROUNDS PRICE PER 1000 ROUNDS WILL INCLUDE DELIVERY.

And then the qty is 100.

It means that they are asking for a bid of up to 100,000 rounds with pricing per 1000 rounds and quantity of 100. That's 100 x 1000 for a max of 100,000, NOT 100 units of 100,000 rounds as infowars wants us to believe.

The totals are NOT 100,000x100 + 100,000x100 + 40,000x40 = 21,600,000.
The real totals are 1000x100 + 1000x100 + 1000x40 = 240,000.
Pretty big difference...

I love a good conspiracy as much as the next guy, and I'm always skeptical of our government, but this seems like people running around with their heads on fire just to get attention and further the cause.

If you don't believe me, there is a contact name and phone number on there... call the dude and ask the question directly like NONE of these "reporters" have done. Ps. I would have already done it, but I don't really want to be calling up DHS and questioning them lol.

Are you going to believe Reddog or your lyin eyes? ;)

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you going to believe Reddog or your lyin eyes? ;)

Unless the dog can come up with some bid requests, purchase orders or invoices that show me otherwise, I'm believing my eyes right now.

I just can't believe that the whole thing has gained this much legs in the media without someone calling B.S. on it.

Tuplumber

Marksman
Reaction score
Alex Jones isn't the only one reporting what DHS has said. I have heard it on Savage, Levin, and Hannity as well. Just because it doesn't get covered on Fox News does not mean that it is a conspiracy theory. Did you not read the link? DHS is attempting to explain their need for the 1.6 billion rounds of ammo they are buying. DHS is not denying the reports.

Latest posts

Top Bottom