DHS responds to 1.6 billion ammo buy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just because MSNBC says it, doesn't mean it's true. They provide absolutely no backup source for their information
Actually, that's an AP story posted on MSN, not MSNBC (it's the very same article that's linked in the first post, although that link is to Yahoo), but yeah, I'm with you. It's poorly-written, and doesn't make it clear what the FLETC spokeswoman was actually addressing--ie, did she actually use those numbers, or are they from the Infowars article, and she didn't even address real numbers? I checked the DHS and FLETC news pages last night and couldn't find an official statement, so all we have to go on is this reporter's (artistic) interpretation of what she said.

As you noted, some of the numbers have already been debunked as reading comprehension and math failures, so I'd like to know what the FLETC spokeswoman actually said. I've heard too many conspiracy theories to believe them without some supporting evidence. (I have to say, it was hi-freaking-larious hearing the left regurgitate the Clinton-era conspiracy theories, word-for-word, during the G.W. Bush Administration.)

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The previously cited Geneva conventions
Ok, hold it. What do the conventions on the treatment of POWs have to do with buwwets? Munitions are dealt with in the Hague conventions--and, IIRC, the US is a signatory on neither of them...

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, hold it. What do the conventions on the treatment of POWs have to do with buwwets? Munitions are dealt with in the Hague conventions--and, IIRC, the US is a signatory on neither of them...

Not germane to the subject of domestic law enforcement and security anyway (DHS)....Domestic law enforcement is bound by U.S. law, not international treaty. U.S. law allows for the use of hollow points.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not germane to the subject of domestic law enforcement and security anyway (DHS)....Domestic law enforcement is bound by U.S. law, not international treaty. U.S. law allows for the use of hollow points.
Yeah; I thought that went without saying. Thanks for clarifying.

808racer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Too bad the ammo manufacturers don't take it upon themselves to implement purchase limits to the gubment in an effort to put more ammo into the hands of law abiding gun owners of America. Selling to retailers would have higher profit margins than trying to be low bidder on government contracts, I would think. Until there is an all out ban on ammo, I don't see their business going away, regardless of where their shipments are going, so they might as well sell it us, make a few extra greenbacks, and pat themselves on the back for supporting our rights! Right?

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably because, unlike me, they have learned that nothing will appease the Infowar zombies.

The type of 'suspicion' on this subject goes beyone logic, reason, and math. If you are dealing with people who turn a PO for 240K rounds of ammo into a multi-million round DHS preparing for war 'conspiracy', even when confronted with the facts of procurement codes and math, then there is no point arguing.

"It's right here! The smoking gun! Here's a link to the official PO for millions of rounds of hollow points! DHS is going to WAR and we caught them red handed!"

"Umm, no. That PO is for 240,000 rounds for one training center that trains our Border Patrol agents."

"Oh yeah! Well you can't trust the internet! Those POs were doctored by DHS to hide the true amount! INFOWARS!"

Arguing against that logic is pointless, except for the entertainment value. That's what OSA is for, LOL.

You keep trying to patiently explain that Alex Jones has a dull pencil. He can't do the math that ten year olds (even in oklahoma) should be able to do. I don't know why you even bother.

Latest posts

Top Bottom